General Admissions & OTCAS Applying in February chances?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

miscellaneousmary

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I originally planned to wait till the 2019-2020 cycle to apply, but I decided to try this cycle because I don't want to wait another year since I've finished all my prereqs and my rec letters have all been submitted. I'm from CA, but I have no preference for MOT/OTD programs or location so I'm planning to apply to a lot of out-of-state programs. What are the odds of getting into any schools with deadlines on March 1st or later? Are there any schools you might recommend I apply to? Here are my stats:
Major: BA in Philosophy and Psychology
Undergraduate GPA: 3.3 (i know it's low :()
Pre-Req GPA: 3.8
GRE: Q 158 V 158 AW 4.0

Extra-Curric: Student government (elections committee chair), honor fraternity (secretary and webmaster), volunteer at elementary school for 200+ hours, after school center english and math tutor
Observation hours: 190 hand clinic outpatient, 140 pediatric outpatient, 45 neuro outpatient, 65 inpatient care
References: 2 OTs (1 from peds, 1 from hand clinic), 1 professor, 1 student government advisor

I plan to apply to these schools: University of Toledo (UT), Nova Southeastern University (NSU), Creighton University (I've emailed to see if they still have open seats for this entering class), AdventHealth University (AHU), American International College (AIC), Indiana Weslyean University, Salus University, Concordia University, Touro University Nevada, North Central College

I've been reading this forum since the day I wanted to do OT, but I've never posted because I felt that I had nothing to contribute. Y'all have helped me so much on this journey and I'm very thankful to all who have helped me pursue this dream. I also want to thank you for reading my post, all replies are appreciated!

Members don't see this ad.

Your application is excellent. You have missed a lot of deadlines but I believe the university of saint Augustine is still accepting applications for both summer and fall If you apply through their website it is free. Good luck !

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Your stats look great and will set you up quite nicely for this upcoming cycle. While chances appear to be slim since it is rather late in the application cycle, I think it's worth a try as long as you are aware that most seats have probably been filled by earlier applicants and you don't mind spending money on the application fees.

It looks like Stanbridge University is still accepting applications. Best to contact the admissions rep to confirm for sure.

Reactions: 1 user
Does anyone know if Touro University (OTD) (Henderson, Nevada) require us to submit our GRE scores?