Applying in one specialty + one additional program (cost question)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

olemissbabydoc

Baby Doctor
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm applying only in Pediatrics, obviously, and can figure those costs easily. However, the ERAS application fees are confusing me when it comes to an additional program I want to apply to in a different specialty (A Peds/Genetics combination program). Would applying to this one program be an additional $92 or would it be counted as just another Peds program?

One there are very few of this combo in the country and no others locally... so it's the only one I want. But it's a long shot and still not my first choice, so shelling out about 100 may not be worth it, where $15 definitely is.

Any advice?

Members don't see this ad.

interesting question, never thought about it (I was flirting with a combined specialty along with my main one, but decided against it), but in the end I think it will be $92, cuz it will be a separate specialty under ERAS. I think they make the assumption that if people are applying to 2 specialties, they will apply to more than one program in the second specialty.

I'm applying only in Pediatrics, obviously, and can figure those costs easily. However, the ERAS application fees are confusing me when it comes to an additional program I want to apply to in a different specialty (A Peds/Genetics combination program). Would applying to this one program be an additional $92 or would it be counted as just another Peds program?

One there are very few of this combo in the country and no others locally... so it's the only one I want. But it's a long shot and still not my first choice, so shelling out about 100 may not be worth it, where $15 definitely is.

Any advice?

It might be worth a call to the PC of that program to see if you can be considered for the combined program by applying to the Peds program.