1. Visit this thread to beta-test StudySchedule.org. StudySchedule is a free nonprofit site that builds dynamic MCAT study schedules unique for your needs and timeline.
Check out the new Application Assistant, where you can calculate your LizzyM score, see how you rank compared to other applicants, and see a list of schools where similar students were accepted.

Applying June 3rd versus June ~10th... big difference?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - DO' started by Th2, May 18, 2014.

1. SDN is made possible through member donations, sponsorships, and our volunteers. Learn about SDN's nonprofit mission.
  1. Th2

Th2 2+ Year Member

Dec 23, 2013
    Hi,

I've essentially got my application completed as a result of applying last cycle. This year, there are just a couple of adjustments and revisions I intend on making. However, my semester ends on May 30th and would like to maintain focus until then. After that, I am free to work on my app.

Since I want to spend more than 3 days on revising it... what difference would it be to apply a week after it opens? Apping day 1 I'm sure ALWAYS looks nice--"this kid must really be on the ball!" But really, big whooptie-do if I app the 10th?

Thank you.

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. WesternRedCedar

WesternRedCedar

Dec 14, 2013
    Get off SDN. There is no difference. Anyone who tells you otherwise is ill-informed.

Apply by August, and you're still early for most schools.

iWillOneDay and Th2 like this.
  4. medickdb

medickdb 5+ Year Member

Feb 24, 2011
    Most schools don't even send secondaries until late June - mid July, some even later than that.

5. radian313

radian313 SDN Gold Donor Gold Donor 7+ Year Member

Jun 26, 2009
    "Get off SDN" Probably the best advice on this site....lol

6. iWillOneDay

iWillOneDay Banned Banned

Aug 15, 2013
    I think the reason we think there is a difference is because we are desperate to get in.

docemmettbrown likes this.
  7. orangeman25

orangeman25 2+ Year Member

Sep 7, 2013
    somewhere down south
    June is early. July is on time. August is late, but if you have good stats August is fine. Anything later, you're asking for trouble.

8. Elevencents

Elevencents 5+ Year Member

Sep 3, 2011
    I'd say even later. Was complete last week of July and still was able to score a couple first interview dates. August is perfectly fine. Even being complete at one school in October, I scored a quick turn around interview and is ultimately where I ended up matriculating to.

docemmettbrown likes this.
  9. docemmettbrown

docemmettbrown 2+ Year Member

Oct 18, 2013
    TN, USA
    August imo will be a school to school things(I.e.: the oldest schools, who receive the most apps, it may be late.)

Sent from my LG-LS995 using Tapatalk

10. Major

Major SDN Gold Donor Gold Donor 2+ Year Member

Jun 10, 2013
    Probably advice all of us should heed more often lol

11. IslandStyle808

IslandStyle808 Akuma residency or bust! 2+ Year Member

Aug 5, 2012
    This is very true.

12. rzoo14

rzoo14 2+ Year Member

I don't think its late(TCOM being the exception due to TMDSAS). If you're applying in the first week of June (or even most of June), chances are you'll get verified in a relatively short amount of time compared to any time later in the cycle. Peak times for aacomas verification are August-Dec. As someone mentioned, most secondaries go out in mid-late July and you'll still be considered for the first batch of interviews.

edit: misread the post