Applying June, Lacking ECs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

theragu

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Title pretty much sums my question up..
I'm applying this coming cycle and feel like I would draw a blank if admissions asked me what Extracurriculars Im involved in.
Sure Im in the random clubs..AED, Bio Honor Society, Pre-Dent Club, and I shadow fairly regularly. Also I've volunteered a couple places, but nothing to brag about.
But other than that I dont have much going on outside of school.
I have a good GPA (3.71) and not yet taken the DAT.

Is there anything I can do in the next 2-3 months that will extend my EC list??

Side note: Im graduating/earning BS in 3 years..soooo is that somewhat of an excuse? :p

Members don't see this ad.

Title pretty much sums my question up..
I'm applying this coming cycle and feel like I would draw a blank if admissions asked me what Extracurriculars Im involved in.
Sure Im in the random clubs..AED, Bio Honor Society, Pre-Dent Club, and I shadow fairly regularly. Also I've volunteered a couple places, but nothing to brag about.
But other than that I dont have much going on outside of school.
I have a good GPA (3.71) and not yet taken the DAT.

Is there anything I can do in the next 2-3 months that will extend my EC list??

Side note: Im graduating/earning BS in 3 years..soooo is that somewhat of an excuse? :p

Join Big Brother's Big Sisters. Start volunteering at the local soup kitchen, or better yet, the dental clinic. Do meals on wheels, or get certified to be a first aid instructor and volunteer in that capacity.

Start now so that you have some time under your belt come application time. And then continue to volunteer so that you have even more experience to talk about it during interviews. Then keep on doing it because it's a good ting to do :)

So volunteering for the most part?
Nothing like on-campus but as EC?

Any more ideas? :/

What do you enjoy doing? Sports (even intramural/community leagues) if you are not competitive? Arts? Dance? Book Club? Cooking classes? Volunteering is obvious, as well. But do something you truly enjoy that gets you out in the world, interacting with others and having fun. If you are truly passionate about something, even if it is for your own enrichment, that shows when you talk about it (in interviews, for example) and makes you a more interesting candidate.