Applying late

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

baseball1986

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am a senior this year and I have a few questions regarding the application process.

1. I will be graduating after this summer term in July. Is it possible for me to start school in August?
2. I am planning on taking the MCAT in May after I finish the Kaplan course in April. Will my MCAT still be accepted that late and will it affect my chances of getting in? My GPA will be about a 3.45 overall and SGPA will be about a 2.9.
3. If the MCAT is accepted, will all of my interviews be after the schools have received them?

Thanks for your feedback

Members don't see this ad.

I am a senior this year and I have a few questions regarding the application process.

1. I will be graduating after this summer term in July. Is it possible for me to start school in August?
2. I am planning on taking the MCAT in May after I finish the Kaplan course in April. Will my MCAT still be accepted that late and will it affect my chances of getting in? My GPA will be about a 3.45 overall and SGPA will be about a 2.9.
3. If the MCAT is accepted, will all of my interviews be after the schools have received them?

Thanks for your feedback

Thats pretty late in the game and odds are piling against you, but its not unheard of for people to get in in July. Call the bigger schools as they are usually the last to fill (NYCPM, TUSPM, OCPM, SCPM). Talk to their admissions staff and explain your situation. They will have the best advice. They may tell you to apply right now. Good luck.