Applying MD and DO

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rgscot

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
This might be a question someone has answered before, but I cannot find the answer. Is it possible to apply early decision to DO or MD while applying regular decision to the other type of school (DO or MD)?

Anyone have advice?

Members don't see this ad.

rgscot said:
This might be a question someone has answered before, but I cannot find the answer. Is it possible to apply early decision to DO or MD while applying regular decision to the other type of school (DO or MD)?

Anyone have advice?

Yes, it is possible. If you feel that you are qualified for early decision to a particular school, why are you applying to both types of schools?

rgscot said:

Anyone have advice?

I have heard you can do it, but EDP is a written commitment to attend the school if they accept you. It would be a little inconsiderate if you withdrew a few months later to go to a different program, but I really doubt anything would/could happen.

Members don't see this ad :)
star22 said:
I have heard you can do it, but EDP is a written commitment to attend the school if they accept you. It would be a little inconsiderate if you withdrew a few months later to go to a different program, but I really doubt anything would/could happen.

If you get into a particular program through EDP, you are supposed to attend that program.

what a bizzare request! AMCAS and AACOMAS are separate, you can apply to one EDP and regular to the other concurrently without a problem. EDP isnt legally binding anyway, they cant force you to attend.

exmike said:
what a bizzare request! AMCAS and AACOMAS are separate, you can apply to one EDP and regular to the other concurrently without a problem. EDP isnt legally binding anyway, they cant force you to attend.

No, but whether or not it is legally binding is not the point. It's deceptive to do so because you are supposed to go to the EDP school if you are accepted. The person who is doing this is cutting corners and is trying to get away with something. I wouldn't want a doctor like that.