Applying This Cycle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

1goldtoof

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Okay so this not necessarily a "chance me" thread, it is more along the lines of "plz help I have questions." I am about to enter my senior year of college and I am applying for the 2017 TMDSAS cycle. I originally was planning on applying next year, but my pre-health advisor made the good ole' point of "you'll never know until you try."

I am planning on making an awesome score on the DAT - which I originally planned to take July 2nd, but I bumped it to August 15th. Reason: I am taking Physics 1 and 2 over this summer (which I needed to take now in order to graduate/not die in my last two semesters). Alrighty, so my first question is: Is taking my DAT in August going to hinder my chances for an interview/acceptance? That is honestly what I am worried about now, since I am almost done with my application and I plan to submit it soon.

Which leads into my second question: As a Texas resident, should I also fill out the AADSAS application? I am willing to go OOS, but I am not sure where to apply/which schools are OOS friendly?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
If you e-submit soon and take the DAT in August, that is NOT considered late at all.

It's considered late if you e-submit IN August. Like if you agree.

Reactions: 1 user
Texas schools are some of the hardest to get into, your GPA is kinda low, I might wait till next year to apply, take the summer off to study and rock the DAT and apply next year after raising ur GPA senior year, also what kinda EC's do you have ? like in a more specific manner, as far as where to apply outside the Texas system, its hard to say without a DAT score, and I took mine in August, its fine to take it then, however, I will caution you, taking physics this summer and planning to also study for the DAT will be kinda nuts, honestly I don't know how anyone could mange to get A's in physics and also take the DAT and score 20+ I'm sure it could be done, but really quite tough, physics was in my opinion the hardest pre rec class to get through, and I left it till after my DAT cause its not even on the exam.... best of luck , cheers
Texas schools are not the hardest to get into .... As per the ADEA booklet :
Average GPA : 3.48
Average AA: 20.7
Average TS: 20.4
That being said.... It IS hard to get in as an out of state applicant -- simply because they don't accept a lot of OOS apps (accepted only 10/104 in 2014)

Columbia, UCSF, Harvard and UPENN are academically competitive.
Texas schools are in-state snobs and therefore - OOS competitive.

Members don't see this ad :)
I see, well then sounds like you have a plan ! I wish you the best of luck :D , deff let us know how it goes, ill be rooting for you :)

Thank you! And will do! :happy:

Reactions: 1 user

I have wanted to be a dentist basically since I was an embryo. I would love to be accepted on my first try...

With all that being said, plz help me fellow SDNers!

I am sorry but most people got accepted in their first try had planned and prepared themselves to be dentists since they were gametes. You have almost no chance if you only "wanted" to become dentist during embryonic stages.

.... Now that's cleared, let's answer some questions. For Texas application, since you're a Texan, DAT during August is not late. If you can complete it earlier, that would be better. If not, it is ok. However, if you're that far into the cycle make sure your application is flawlessly completed. No need to rush at this point.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.