Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Applying this summer: getting LORs

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - DO' started by dollarbincommon, Apr 4, 2004.

1. dollarbincommon

dollarbincommon apple fritters are good
    7+ Year Member

Since some of my professors will be leaving, I'll be asking them for LORs. I checked the AACOM website about the LOR requirements.

Most of the schools have ok requirements, except for PCOM and UHS.

PCOM requires "Letter of evaluation from the premedical committee, premedical advisor, or Dean of the college granting the undergraduate degree. Individual faculty letters do not fulfill this requirement."

and

UHS requires "1 letter of evaluation from Premedical Advisor or committee."

The problem with PCOM LOR requirement is that my premed adviser is a jackass. We have no premed committee. And the Dean said she would not be writing an LOR for me since she doesn't know me.

How did some of you guys who applied to PCOM and UHS get LORs for these schools? I have no problem with getting LORs from professors or doctors. Does anyone know?

2. raptor5

raptor5 Fooled by Randomness
    15+ Year Member

My school has a preprofessional healthcare committee. So that is who my LOR was from. May I say have the dept. chair of your major write the LOR. You said your premed advisor is a jackass, well so was mine and I had to play the game to get my letter as will you. I know it sucks.

Good Luck