applying to both medical and dental school

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

okbckim

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys..

I am trying to apply to medical and dental school at the same time. But I found there is a question in dental school application form that asks whether I apply to medical school.
Do you think there is any disadvantage in admission to dental school if I am applying medical school?
Please answer me. I have to reschedule this semester according to your answer!!

Thanks
Chan Kim

Members don't see this ad.

although i did not apply to both at the same time..i did apply to medical school two years ago and dental school this year. i was honest on all the applications and it did not seem to hurt me. actually none of the schools I have interviewed at even asked about my decision to switch. just beware of how expensive it is going to be to apply to both and make sure u have high enough scores on your mcat and dat. and last be honest with yourself and explore both fields thourghly. I feel my decision to attend dental school is probably the best decision I have made, but everyone is different. good luck

why would you wanna do that? you need to decide what you want to do. If you are worried that you won't get into medical school, just work harder and you will eventually get in. The AADSAS applicatoin asks you if you are applying both schools at the same time. I heard stories like the admission people won't even look at your application if you are applying to medical school but I don't think they really do. (I konw this girl who did the same thing, took MCAT and DAT and applied to both schools. She got interviews from some dental schools...)