Applying to both PCOM and PCOM-GA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dangit

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Sorry if this has been asked, but I couldn't find anything from my searches..

does it put you at an advantage or disadvantage to apply to both schools? I ask because the secondary apps ask if you're applying to both. also, which school is more competitive (from what i can gather, the gerogia campus is more competitive). thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Sorry if this has been asked, but I couldn't find anything from my searches..

does it put you at an advantage or disadvantage to apply to both schools? I ask because the secondary apps ask if you're applying to both. also, which school is more competitive (from what i can gather, the gerogia campus is more competitive). thanks!

I don't think it's either an advantage or a disadvantage. The schools have separate admissions processes.

I don't know which one is more competitive, but they're both tough.

First, many around here have interviews at both schools, and plenty just have an interview at one or the other. If you want to apply to both, do so, and don't feel bad using the same basic essay for both. Just don't forget to change the name of the campus in your essay! ;)

Secondly, it's hard to gauge "competitiveness." This is because even if you could get updated, accurate application/admissions info, it still would only leave you with a skewed view. Even if a school has a lower percentage of accepted students (acceptances/applications), the other school may be in a less appealing locale (for example), and get fewer applicants, but the applicants they do accept have much higher MCAT/GPAs. There are other scenarios, but my point is that it's very difficult to say which school is more "competitive."

But I'm not sure why it matters, anyway. I'm assuming you're just curious as to your chances, but I'd try to just write the best essay you can, submit ASAP, and wait for some good news. :luck:

Members don't see this ad :)
At PCOM's open houses in Philadelphia stats given for matriculants are higher in PA than GA. However, don't underestimate any admissions process.

Also, you won't be at a disadvantage applying to both. The cost of sending that secondary to both places is 2 for the price of 1 if you ask me.

I've had a much better experience with PCOM-GA than PCOM so far. PCOM hasn't been too kind and doesn't want to fill me in on anything. PCOM-GA was pretty quick with all responding and was more than supportive when I cancelled my interview there. I know it isn't much to go off of, but that is just what I've experienced so far.

I don't think it matters either way. I applied to both. I received a complete letter awhile ago from GA. I never received one from Philly and when I called to ask if I was complete at Philly they said it could take awhile. I waited a month or so longer and then I found an interview invite to the Philly campus. I was completely shocked because I didn't even think I was complete.

I interviewed at Philly and have been accepted there. I haven't heard anything else from the GA campus, although I was apparently complete there a couple of months ago.