Applying to both prelim and categorical IM

Started by koli
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

koli

New Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am an old IMG, 10 yrs, 218 step1, 236 step 2, CK first attempt, >12 publications, >5 posters,3 LOR from the US. applied widely to categorical IM. Accidently, I was browsing prelim programs and tried to just save them. I didn't realize if you save prelim in the same program that I have applied for categorical - application just goes in, without extra fees. So here I am - accidentally applied to 50 prelim IM positions in the the same program where I applied categorical. Now I can't withdraw- it is no option in ERAS. Am I screwed? I have mentioned PGY2 specialty as IM too. I am freaking out. Help!!!!