Applying to Dental School with a Master's Degree

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

ndirienz

New Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I was wondering if anyone had any advice/information on schools that like applicants with a Master's degree? I just finished a Master's in Biomedical Science from PCOM and want to add a few schools to my application that favor or tend to accept more students with Masters degrees.
 
The big thing for some schools will be if it is research based. If so Tufts and Michigan might look more favorably on that. I know both Midwesterns like to see heavy science based masters degrees.

Another thing that you can do is look in the ADEA guide. If I remember correctly they show how many matriculants had a masters degree. This might give you a better idea of which schools like it.
 
If I don't get into dental school what should my masters be in, am currently a chemical engineer.or should I get a PhD
Granted I am not on admissions, I would go for something biological/biomedical. Most schools want to make sure that you can handle their curriculum. So a master's program with classes like physiology, pharmacology, anatomy and things like that I think are what schools are looking for. A PhD might be a waste of time unless you are planning to use it.