applying to different jobs for same hospital

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

pharmasaur

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am currently a PGY1 and just browsing job openings to see what is out there to prepare myself for post-residency. A lot of hospitals have multiple job openings, is it bad to apply to more than one? specifically, can I apply to a clinical position that requires residency as well as the central/nonclinical pharmacist openings (do not require residency) or does it look bad? My overall goal is to get my foot in the door and move up so I would take anything initially. Just don't know how that looks from a hiring manager perspective.
 
It's not necessarily a bad thing to apply to more than 1 position. But be prepared to give a solid (non-conflicting) story of why you're interested in the jobs.
 
I did that before. I don't think it ever came up in the interview, but I just would have said I'm very interested in joining this organization and thus applied to every job that I was suited for.