Applying to Medical School?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
How important is going to a reputable undergraduate college? I got my business degree from an "okay" private college, very small (class size on average 19-25). I finished my post-bacc at a few schools (had to split up time between Boston and San Diego)

Also about the flippin' MCAT...what do you think of a GPA 3.87 undergrad with a GPA of 3.96 for post bacc work...what is the minimum I should be striving for with the MCAT?

I'd really appreciate feedback

Take good care

Members don't see this ad.

Your GPA won't hold you back from any school in the country. To have a decent chance, you need to get close to a 30 on the MCAT with no lower than 8 in any section- unless you're an underrepresented minority in which case you get a little more slack.

mellyrara said:
How important is going to a reputable undergraduate college? I got my business degree from an "okay" private college, very small (class size on average 19-25). I finished my post-bacc at a few schools (had to split up time between Boston and San Diego)

Also about the flippin' MCAT...what do you think of a GPA 3.87 undergrad with a GPA of 3.96 for post bacc work...what is the minimum I should be striving for with the MCAT?

I'd really appreciate feedback

Take good care

You are awesome. You subtle hints of humor and sarcasm insured I wouldn't pass out reading that. Very nicely written, and I appreciate that you took the time to do so. And thanks for talking about neurotic premeds; I could see myself being one, and now I know I would rather not want to backstab anyone, so you won me over on that too!! I hope you have fun in Europe and I hope you have had an excellent time at NYMC!!

My Approval for this Thread: Simply :thumbup: