Applying to More than 1 Program at a School

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MickeyC

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am applying to PT schools and a few M.S. Public Health programs. There are 2 schools where I want to apply to both their PT and Public Health programs. Are either of the 2 schools going to realize I am applying to 2 programs? I would think that looks bad since it seems like I'm not sure what I want to do with my life (sort of true, but I'd just be equally as happy with either PT or PH).

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I am applying to PT schools and a few M.S. Public Health programs. There are 2 schools where I want to apply to both their PT and Public Health programs. Are either of the 2 schools going to realize I am applying to 2 programs? I would think that looks bad since it seems like I'm not sure what I want to do with my life (sort of true, but I'd just be equally as happy with either PT or PH).

Actually, some schools will ask you in the interview if you have a fall-back plan. They like to see that you're preparing yourself. I think it's gonna be a good thing and it's probably your decision whether or not you wanna tell them because I doubt they'll find out.

to add to what DrCoop said - My school messed up my paperwork and it was in their computers that I had applied to both the college's Law school AND PT school...but neither was aware of the other. Each college seems to only know what is relevant to each program.