Applying to Pharmacy School with a BA in Speech Pathology

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

wavw1992

New Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello Everyone!

I recently graduated with my BA in Speech, Language and Hearing Science. I am currently working as an Audiology Technician but I am doing my research and figuring out that maybe Audiology isn't for me. I have always had an interest in Pharmacy but I am not sure where to start with the application process.

I have a 3.33 cumulative and in my major.

Any advice will help!
 
I would get a job in a pharmacy to see if it is for you. That way, you don't end up taking out another $200k+ in loans only to find out that the profession is not for you for the second time.

Sent from my SM-N910V using SDN mobile
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
What about getting a masters and becoming an SLP. Use the degree you already paid for, way less schooling, lower cost to attend school, still have a pretty good salary. I know one who makes around 80k per year doing home health visits.
 
What about getting a masters and becoming an SLP. Use the degree you already paid for, way less schooling, lower cost to attend school, still have a pretty good salary. I know one who makes around 80k per year doing home health visits.
I am applying to SLP but I am just thinking down the line if SLP doesn't work out. I have other interests in other areas so I wanted to know if it was possible.
 
I am applying to SLP but I am just thinking down the line if SLP doesn't work out. I have other interests in other areas so I wanted to know if it was possible.
Possible but I wouldn't recommend going back and taking prerequisite courses at this point. I don't think its worth it financially.