applying to UIC

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

starrynight

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hello everyone! i am applying this mos at UIC and i am struggling with the statement letter...anyone some advice?, really thks

Members don't see this ad.

hello everyone! i am applying this mos at UIC and i am struggling with the statement letter...anyone some advice?, really thks

Hi there,

Although personal statements are highly individual, there are some basic guidlines. I'm kind of struggling with it myself, but as I keep writing and deleting, I'm hopefully coming up with something. Click here for some samples.

thks Tahaza, it is really helpful! are you applying to the UIC too? this is my first ever(UIC and the US), so i am pretty excited and nervous and confused:confused:

Members don't see this ad :)
Haven't decided yet. Just got my NBDE results.

thks Tahaza, it is really helpful! are you applying to the UIC too? this is my first ever(UIC and the US), so i am pretty excited and nervous and confused:confused:

hi there.
can u share ur scores?
I'me interested in UIC too. do u know the average scores they usually intereview?

hi ammar_d!
widedent(uic iddp student) said"the average score in our class for NBDE part 1 is 87. Having part 2 is not mandatory but is an advantage. 1/3rd of us have passed part 2."
last year they had around 280 applications and interviewed ~70..but i don't know theirs average score;
i have 91 at 1st part and 83 2nd; teofl 277
have you applied yet? i still have to wrapp the statement letter up...it's taking me more then i expected:(
have a great day:)

thanks for your information.
no i didn't apply yet....Ive just received my NBDE 1 its 87!!!
and toefl 98..and no part 2 yet!
i dont have good chances:(:(
I'll send them anyway:D
do you know when do they call for the interviews?
let us know when they call u....they will for sure...ur scores r great
good luck

thanks ammar_d, you're kind..my big down is that i don't have any kind of dental experience in the US:(....regarding your scores i know at least 2 people that graduated from uic and their scores were even lower..81-83 for the 1st part; on the other hand both of them had very good dental experience- they worked as DA for a period of time...so, nothing is lost, you should definitley send you application:thumbup:
from what i know you are called 2 weeks in advance..last year there were 3 sessions of interviews, one week in Aug., one in Sept. in one in Oct.
best of luck:luck:

Hi starrynight,I am applying to UIC,in the same stage as yours,writing personnel statment and getting my recommendation letters, if you want,we can help each others.

thanks for your information.
no i didn't apply yet....Ive just received my NBDE 1 its 87!!!
and toefl 98..and no part 2 yet!
i dont have good chances:(:(
I'll send them anyway:D
do you know when do they call for the interviews?
let us know when they call u....they will for sure...ur scores r great
good luck
I was in UIC waiting list 2 years ago with 84 part one score, so do apply, you do have a big chanc.

hello ashwaq,
i would love to hear some thoughts from someone who passed through their interview..and whatever you want to share from your experience:) right now i kind of wrapped my statement letter up, still needs some readingproof..i really hope that i will be able to send the aplication dossier this week;
have a great week ahead!

UIC is a great school. Good luck to all :thumbup:

I was in UIC waiting list 2 years ago with 84 part one score, so do apply, you do have a big chanc.

hey there,
i hv a part 1 score of 84 on the new format,but i do have about 1 year of work experience as a dental assistant, should i try n better my part 1 score before the application deadlines this yr or should i apply wit my current qualificatins.
pls repy!

hello alaque,
you should definetly give it a try; i know a person that got in with 83 plus DA experience; best of luck!

Go ahead with current qualifications, you will never know, and try to take part II.
hey there,
i hv a part 1 score of 84 on the new format,but i do have about 1 year of work experience as a dental assistant, should i try n better my part 1 score before the application deadlines this yr or should i apply wit my current qualificatins.
pls repy!

HI ASHWAQ
thanks a lot for pushing me up;)
so u already passed their iterview once...great!
can u please share ur interview experiance..and ur scores now?
sorry for this requests..but for me..any information could help a lot
because my situation now is :beat::beat::scared::scared:
by the way..ashwaq is a great name;)

and I beg every one applying to UIC to share their situations..scores..ect
good luck for alllllll:luck:

hello everyone
i got my scores 4 new format part 1 -- 82 few days back
gpa -- 3.88
toefl --260

1 year experience in govt job in india

need advice for i shud apply with this (82) score or need to rewrite the exam

wud b gr8ful 4 ur help

Hi all,
I'm new to this thread.My stats are NBDE-89%,TOEFL-100,GPA-2.8,1yr as DA.I'm really worried about my GPA.Can anyone tell me what are my chances,that would be a great help.I just applied to UIC last week.
thanks.:(