Applying to UK postgraduate dental programs as a foreign-trained dentist

Started by Doge2022
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Doge2022

Full Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi. How difficult would it be for someone with a basic foreign DDS degree and 3 years of experience to get into one of the postgraduate programs in dental schools in the UK? By the time I apply, I would have already verified my degree via the ORE exam. However, I am not a PR. So, I'll also have to lodge a student visa application. This BTW is actually the exact reason I want to obtain that postgraduate degree. I'm planning to file for the post-study work visa and look for a sponsor in order to then stay permanently. Statistically speaking, what are my chances? Exactly how fierce is the competition for this kind of programs? Thanks in advance.