Clinical Observership in the UK

Started by MoeC
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

MoeC

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I hope you're doing well

I am a recent EU medical graduate. I have applied to the General Medical Council for full registration and a license to practice, which will be granted to me once I attend an ID check at their office in London. I am Canadian and don't have any restrictions to enter the UK.

I am interested in completing a few weeks of clinical observership with a doctor, preferably, in Internal/General and/or Emergency Medicine.
I have contacted a few hospitals for such an opportunity but haven't gotten any replies. I will be visiting the UK in late Feb for the ID check and was hoping to gain some experience as I apply and wait for a FY2/JCF/CT1 equivalent position anywhere in the UK.

Any advice or contacts anyone can connect me with?

Kind regards,