You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
noWill each member of the school's admission committee read all the personal statements and applications?
that's insane
That depends:
by brother, do you mean"brutha"? Because if so, URM for the win!
by brother, do you mean"brutha"? Because if so, URM for the win!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
That depends:
by brother, do you mean"brutha"? Because if so, URM for the win!
Can't even lie, if you have a URM for a twin brother and it worked then good for you!
F
freshprinceMD
That depends:
by brother, do you mean"brutha"? Because if so, URM for the win!
No a sibling
Sent from my iPad using SDN mobile
Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, I can read.
My point is that if you *both* are URM, then why are you worrying.
You could probably not even write a personal statement and get in!
F
freshprinceMD
Yeah, I can read.
My point is that if you *both* are URM, then why are you worrying.
You could probably not even write a personal statement and get in!
What makes us URM? My impression is that URM status is based off ethnicity
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Last edited by a moderator:
Lol yea I know, my joke was directed at the other person who thinks URM's don't write PS.
Yeah, I can read.
My point is that if you *both* are URM, then why are you worrying.
You could probably not even write a personal statement and get in!
It's a good start to making things more fair because of all the racism.
D
deleted801953
Same problem here! Hi5
Edit- Don't know if I really should be positive about this..
Edit- Don't know if I really should be positive about this..
F
freshprinceMD
Same problem here! Hi5
Edit- Don't know if I really should be positive about this..
Haha [emoji1316]
Are you also overlapping in some aspects of your application?
Sent from my iPad using SDN mobile
F
freshprinceMD
that awkward moment when your brother gets accepted but you don't
LOL nothing awkward about it
His success is my success, and if that does happen, I will be very happy for him and proud because he's working hard. He deserves the all best
Sent from my iPad using SDN mobile
Shouldn't have gotten that A- in Mrs.Hodge's 4th grade math class .that awkward moment when your brother gets accepted but you don't
D
deleted801953
Our application is basically a duplicate of one another. Just a couple of grade differences here and there.. Will be interesting to see what our MCAT scores are.Haha [emoji1316]
Are you also overlapping in some aspects of your application?
Sent from my iPad using SDN mobile
Bright side is that it's always an icebreaker!
@libertyyne what I think of 24/7 hahahaha
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
This situation has happened before. Last year two siblings applied to a med school. Both got interviews. One sibling was admitted, the other waitlisted. Awkward...? The second one never got off the waitlist and is now doing a one year masters.
Doesn't hurt, doesn't help.
Doesn't hurt, doesn't help.
Depending on how MCATs come back you could end up with very different school lists.Our application is basically a duplicate of one another. Just a couple of grade differences here and there.. Will be interesting to see what our MCAT scores are.
Bright side is that it's always an icebreaker!
@libertyyne what I think of 24/7 hahahaha
Although it sounds like you've performed similarly in most of the same classes and are probably similar in natural abilities so that may not happen.
Our application is basically a duplicate of one another. Just a couple of grade differences here and there.. Will be interesting to see what our MCAT scores are.
Bright side is that it's always an icebreaker!
@libertyyne what I think of 24/7 hahahaha
As a fellow identical twin, I would find that a bit odd and cliched to have not even attempted to establish your own identity, but I guess I'm not on an adcom so my opinion counts for jack.
I imagine if you apply to the same places you will likely be viewed as a package deal given the similarities in your application. That can work in your favor sometimes and probably against you as well depending on the situation.
You must think that all black and hispanic doctors are worthless. That they did not work hard to earn their spots, and that you are somehow better equipped than they are.
In B4 "I am a doctor and treat everyone with respect - you mistafab know nothing and are an imbecile." Yeah doc, I doubt it.
In B4 "I am a doctor and treat everyone with respect - you mistafab know nothing and are an imbecile." Yeah doc, I doubt it.
Yeah, I can read.
My point is that if you *both* are URM, then why are you worrying.
You could probably not even write a personal statement and get in!
D
deleted801953
Just because we have similar stats doesn't mean at all that we are the same person. Yes we have similar clinical hours, research etc but the different people we've interacted with, the different kinds of friends we have or the hobbies we spend our time in makes us different. You're right about the package favor as it may or may not work but you're wrong in saying that we don't have our own identities just because of a sentence I said.As a fellow identical twin, I would find that a bit odd and cliched to have not even attempted to establish your own identity, but I guess I'm not on an adcom so my opinion counts for jack.
I imagine if you apply to the same places you will likely be viewed as a package deal given the similarities in your application. That can work in your favor sometimes and probably against you as well depending on the situation.
I've seen every permutation of twin (and triplet) application.
As long as you are open to differing outcomes you will be fine.
As long as you are open to differing outcomes you will be fine.
F
freshprinceMD
I'm pretty sure the guy you're responding to was being facetious..You must think that all black and hispanic doctors are worthless. That they did not work hard to earn their spots, and that you are somehow better equipped than they are.
In B4 "I am a doctor and treat everyone with respect - you mistafab know nothing and are an imbecile." Yeah doc, I doubt it.
Thanks for going up to bat for him.
Last thing URMs need are people, jokingly or not, grooming the next generation of doctors to have chips on their shoulder about minorities.
Last thing URMs need are people, jokingly or not, grooming the next generation of doctors to have chips on their shoulder about minorities.
I'm pretty sure the guy you're responding to was being facetious..
Similar threads
- Replies
- 1
- Views
- 8K
D