1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Applying with foreign degree

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by jmchong, Oct 31, 2001.

1. jmchong

jmchong Junior Member
    7+ Year Member

Hi, Everybody.
    Thanks for sharing valuable informations.
    I just want to exchange some information for applying to Dental school with foreign degree.
    I have graduated from Hanyang University in Korea and have a master's degree in biochem. Took just 13 credits in the U.S. Also have three-year research experience at the Wistar Institute.

* I applied to PENN, TEMP, UMDNJ, CUL, NYU in mid Sept.; And added PITT and MYD in late Oct.

* Interview;
    NYU(10/29); laid-back questions 'why wanna be a dentist' 'why applied to NYU' 'what's your strength and weakness', no ethical issues
    TEMP(11/1); group format, one faculty and one current dental student, questions;'why dental not med, podi, or opto?', short essay right before having interview.
    PENN(11/8); laid-back questions, 'tell me about yourself', 'what do you do when you have free time'
    CUL(1/11) scheduled

* Acceptance; NYU(late Nov.)

* Application complete letters from UMDNJ but no interview offer; this school doesn't seem to be friendly to foreign degree holders.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. rishma

rishma Junior Member

hi
    i am a foreign student just like you and have interviewed at upenn so far.nyu has not yet come out with forms but is my next choice.the only hitch is the 3yr instead of 2yr program.are you aware of the statistics of people who manage to reduce studying time to 2 yrs after passing challenge test?