This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

de1290

Reaction score
Hi guys!
I have an associate degree in Engineering from Russia. Technically it's 120 credits, but in Russia, we have a different school/university system. The evaluation agency counted it as a 90 credits associate plus 30 credits from high school. I planning to apply to the pre-dental program. Can I get a bachelor's degree if I will finish the pre-dental program? I appreciate any help you can provide.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi guys!
I have an associate degree in Engineering from Russia. Technically it's 120 credits, but in Russia, we have a different school/university system. The evaluation agency counted it as a 90 credits associate plus 30 credits from high school. I planning to apply to the pre-dental program. Can I get a bachelor's degree if I will finish the pre-dental program? I appreciate any help you can provide.
What exactly is the predental program? Here in the US there really isn’t a major that’s considered “predentistry” but rather a handful of majors that usually fulfill the required prerequisite courses. However, any academic major can go to dental school with the right prerequisites completed.

If it’s a college program, most likely yeah you’ll get some type of degree if it’s a 4 year one. Or is it more like a post-baccalaureate program? Are you just taking a few credits to get to the 120 credit limit? Could you elaborate?

What exactly is the predental program? Here in the US there really isn’t a major that’s considered “predentistry” but rather a handful of majors that usually fulfill the required prerequisite courses. However, any academic major can go to dental school with the right prerequisites completed.

If it’s a college program, most likely yeah you’ll get some type of degree if it’s a 4 year one. Or is it more like a post-baccalaureate program? Are you just taking a few credits to get to the 120 credit limit? Could you elaborate?
Thank you for asking. Do you know if I can take prerequisite classes toward my bachelor's degree? Or do I have to start from the beginning? In general, I want to receive a bachelor's degree. My associate degree + 30 prerequisite classes = Bachelor's degree. Honestly, I don't know if its possible.

Thank you for asking. Do you know if I can take prerequisite classes toward my bachelor's degree? Or do I have to start from the beginning? In general, I want to receive a bachelor's degree. My associate degree + 30 prerequisite classes = Bachelor's degree. Honestly, I don't know if its possible.
Honestly, I'm not totally sure, your best bet could be to reach out to dental schools and explain your situation and ask them

Members don't see this ad :)
Honestly, I'm not totally sure, your best bet could be to reach out to dental schools and explain your situation and ask them
I decided to get into the Dental Hygienist program first. I have a community college close to mine which is cost only 16k. Thank you anyway

Reactions: 1 users
I decided to get into the Dental Hygienist program first. I have a community college close to mine which is cost only 16k. Thank you anyway
DH is a good area to go into, however, it will not help in any shape or form if you want to obtain a dental degree, unless you get a bachelor's.
All dental schools require to have had prerequisites done at a U.S institution (some exceptions apply). It is not clear how you calculated 30 credits of prerequisites since bio, chem, organic, physics, and English will exceed that number.