Applying without a degree

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hokiedds

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am applying this year as a junior, which means I won't have a degree if accepted this year. Is anyone else out there in a similar situation, and if so have any of you gotten interviews/acceptances?

Members don't see this ad.

hokiedds said:
I am applying this year as a junior, which means I won't have a degree if accepted this year. Is anyone else out there in a similar situation, and if so have any of you gotten interviews/acceptances?

i am a junior and have been accepted into dental school. you can message me if you want details. i am wondering if i have to finish the year, which i am almost positive i don't have to. let me know if you have questions.

you need 90 hours to get into dental school, no? i guess they require 60 to apply, but i thought it was 90 to matriculate. if so, you'd probably need to finish your year, unless you had a bunch of AP credit or something.

Members don't see this ad :)
officially i'm still a "third year student" but w/ AP credits and stuff like that i've got over 100 hours now so i applied over the summer and got three interviews. my status as a third year didn't ever come up but i asked some of the adcom people about it and they usually said that my application was good enough that i didn't need to worry about my degree. however, yesterday i got a letter from louisville and it said that they still have me under consideration and can't make a decision about my appl. b/c i'm a third year and "though acceptance as a third year is not impossible, it is VERY DIFFICULT..." in my eyes i don't think it matters if i stick around for three or four classes and waste an entire year just to get a degree i don't want, but they have the final say i guess.

I'm in a simular situation. this is my third year and I have about 115 credit hours, but alot of them are from high school that didn't help me towards my degree at all. at the end of next semester I will be three upper division biology classes and a few upper division elective credit hours short of graduating. I interviewed at Case and Nova Oct 5th and 6th. I didn't get accepted by either. i was also wondering if this was the reason. In one of my interviews the fact that I hadn't taken many science classes was brought up. but that is what I am taking now. That's my situation i don't know if it will help you at all. but I'm a little confused as well.