appointment with Admissions?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

williamChenry

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Luckily enough, I live 5 minutes away from the school I want to attend (NYCOM), so is it customary, or acceptable, if I ask to make an appointment with someone from admissions if they can talk to me about my current grades and what I would need to further my chances of getting in?

Members don't see this ad.

Not only do I say its acceptable but if they have the time I would definately recommend doing it. Wait until after the current application season is over with.

I met with a PCOM admissions person about a year before I applied. I went with my CV, transcript, practice MCAT...hell, I think I even brought my SAT scores.

We just talked for about 45 minutes and she never asked me about anything regarding my application. It was very informal and then near the end when I asked her how I could improve my application she took a quick glance at my grades and said "just keep working hard...look forward to seeing on your interview next year".

I had an interview with an admissions person before I appplied also (PCOM)..and I just asked them about my chances about getting it. I was very honest...spoke about my MCAT's..GPA..EC's..docs i was shadowing..blah blah blah...

If I had to do it all over again...I would do it again. Go for it..make as many appointments as possible.