Approaching Neuro

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

username456789

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
How have you guys approached neuro? I feel like FA has it kind of jumbled (here's some basic anatomy......oh here's Huntington's......oh here's some rupture blood vessels......)

I mean I guess a lot of the order makes sense, but it just doesn't all flow well. I was feeling under the weather today and had a pretty crappy day of studying, basically just spinning my wheels. Any good suggestion on how to structure this starting tomorrow? I've got HY Neuro and RR Path that I'd like to use (I've looked through both previously but it's been a while). It's a dense chapter in FA.

Members don't see this ad.

I think the FA neuro section and RR path are good enough. I used HY neuro here and there to clarify some points, but mostly just looked stuff up on wikipedia. I agree that neuro section in FA is pretty dense, but if you can really get every last detail out of it, you should be fine (except for images and cross-sections... you might want to find something to supplement those).

I definitely concur with the above advice. FA neuro + RRpath is good. Plus HY Neuro for reference/images only. FA neuro is VERY dense in my opinion, they don't really leave anything important out. I found it helpful to look at HY-Neuro pictures such as brain stem lesions chapter along with the FA lists of symptoms you would see if artery X was occluded. It made so much more sense to actually see the anatomic causes of the listed deficits.