1. Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

April MCAT

Discussion in 'MCAT Discussions' started by wander, Apr 18, 2004.

1. wander

wander Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Is there any possible way one can prepare for all that genetic/molecular sh** that violated me in yesterday's mcat?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. kiahs

kiahs Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

You know i dunno about these practice books I actually took genetics in college and that really helped me but i don't mean to say that's the only way but it's so much crap and you really need to get used to it, the stuff in my kaplan book didn't even come close..my advice if you can take a class if not i'll try to ask around and tell you about a good book to study from.

4. fun8stuff

fun8stuff *hiding from patients*
    15+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Well after taking Genetics I and II and I am currently in Molecular Genetics... lol... most of the genetics questions were a walk in the park. I wish I had more of them..

my answer: take a genetics class... all the questions were very basic on stuff they teach you within the first few weeks of genetics I.

5. blz

blz Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    It's good to be a genetics major.

6. Persistence101

Persistence101 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

After taking an upper division genetics class, being able to answer those MCAT genetics questions was actually fun. Too bad I can't say the same for the crab and orgo passages. :eek: