April vs. August MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jdgator7

gatorgirl
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does is matter if I take the MCAT in april rather than in August?
I was planning on taking next summer off from school to study and take the MCAT in august, but a few people have told me that doing that leaves you at a disadvantage. But i dont know it is would be possible for me to take the test in april since that semester I am taking physics 2 and orgo 2.
I was told I can just apply and send in all my other stuff, then send in my scores when i get them.
What is the best thing to do?
Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

FOR THE LOVE OF CHRIST, TURN OFF YOUR FONT!!!

Do a search. This topic has been beat to death. Ultimately....it's up to you. Only you can answer the question.

But do a search....

the most important thing to do is to do well on the MCAT. You can turn your application in earlier ify ou take it in april, but what good will it do if you did poorly on it?
If you think you can manage studying for the mcat on top of tough classes, go ahead. But if you're not confident that you can pull this off, I suggest you wait till you have ample amount of time to prepare. Taking physics and orgo at the same time sounds..hm...crazy. :eek: