APU or USC?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Which School Should I choose?

• USC

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • APU

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Defer both Options and Wait until next year

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

CampDeeds

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I'm going slightly crazy trying to make this rash decision (Which is ultimately all on my own here) but I wanted to maybe get the right guidance towards this opportunity =)
So here is where I stand:

USC:
This school has been my dream since I was in high school. It sounds like a weak excuse but I LOVE their sense of school spirit and Leadership (I have always been into being part of a club or anything like that and I know the MSW club they have does AMAZING stuff) I guess the atmosphere of the school itself is good as well. But on the MSW front, I love love LOVE the curriculum. I was accepted as part of the Children Youth and Family concentration and that's my focal point of where I see myself after gaining my MSW. I love that therapy isn't the only option I have right off the gate and so far some of the faculty are doing research or are involved in things that I am in interested in. I've gotten the "Trojans help Trojans" quote thrown my way and I know its the truth. being an alum would be awesome. BUT that price tag KILLS me. But as a friend of mine who graduated from there said, "Its an Investment of your MSW career...

APU:
To be very honest, I had my mind set going to APU because I wanted to apply to the MFT program there because I had heard it was fantastic. I avoided it because of the GRE. Also at that time, everyone said that the MSW was a better path so I went to that program instead. I do love the fact that it has Christian perspectives as I do believe strongly in my faith but I feel this sense that APU is stronger (If that makes sense) It is also significantly cheaper. The curriculum doesn't jump out at me as much as USC. So I'm torn.

So what should I do here? Again it is ultimately my decision and my heart is definitely leaning towards USC but I feel hesitant. I would defer both but I really wanted to be done with schooling by my 30s and would I even get this opportunity to be accepted again while also including schools like CSUN or CSULB?

Any advice would be awesome. :D

Members don't see this ad.

I am applying to both schools as well, for the MSW program. I am following this thread to see some of the advice you receive regarding this topic. I have been advised to go to USC if I chose the MSW route, HOWEVER, the price tag, terrifies me!! I will be checking in to see any additional comments.

Good Luck! I apologize that I didn't have anything to offer you. :/