ARCOM vs. ACOM vs. LMU-DCOM?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

carstairs

Reaction score
Hi, I am trying to decide between these three school currently to start in 2022. Would appreciate any advice/information!

Some pros and cons I currently have:

ARCOM pros:
smaller class size
cheapest tuition
love the location and campus, most comfortable moving to Arkansas
close to support system

ARCOM cons:
newer school, only graduated one class
matched a large percentage into Arkansas

ACOM pros:
seems to have the best reputation, from what I have read
great match list
great resources for boards/students in general
great rotations, very established

ACOM cons:
location, not a fan of Alabama and don't know anyone there
price

LMU-DCOM pros:
location, talking about Knoxville campus
good match list

LMU-DCOM cons:
supposedly high attrition rate, but I don't know how to find data on that
massive class size
heard mixed things about the rotations sites, mostly negative

All in all, with what I know now I am leaning towards ACOM, even though I would rather live in Tennessee or Arkansas, because I hear almost nothing bad about the school and a ton of good. But everything is on the table so please let me know what you think!

Members don't see this ad.

ACOM. Heard of issues with the other 2 but all school issues are minor and at the end they’re all 3 USA DO med schools so you’ll be a doc in the end. Pick the one you felt the best connection with/best clinical rotation exposure for GME you want to match in/financial criteria etc.

Congrats on your acceptances so far. You should be very proud of yourself for doing something that many dream of accomplishing! For reference, I was accepted to ACOM and LMU but didn’t apply to ARCOM due to a few reasons. Good luck in making a decision, I am also at a cross roads with my DO acceptances

ACOM student so a little bias but ACOM. ARCOM just matched its first class which is alright, LMU was under an accreditation warning last year, not sure if they currently are but just shows that there is something going on.

OMS1 here at ARCOM! You can PM if you have any specific questions. Good luck with your decision!