ARCOM vs CUSOM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PriorRelief1

Reaction score
I am beyond excited and lucky to have multiple acceptances. If anybody can help me make a decision please?

ARCOM
  • Pros
    • Community focused and tons of support from the state
    • Closer to home (~3.5 - 4 hour drive)
    • Tuition ($43k)
    • Brand new research building (but unsure of the research opportunities available as the students I have talked to have not participated in any)
    • Really nice facility with new technology
    • Students and the surrounding community were nice when I visited
    • Helix Curriculum (do not really know if its a pro)
    • Do not have to move after 2 years, but could move for rotations
    • No mandatory lecture if you fall below 80%
  • Cons
    • Newer school, but their first match list looks fairly good.
    • So-So Complex and Step score but not the greatest. But new school so I'm sure they're working out the kinks in the curriculum
    • Mandatory dress code
  • I do not really know how to judge rotation sites but from what I read they have fairly good ones, with few of them having residency spots and able to auditions with UAMS
CUSOM
  • Pros
    • Very good board scores
    • School has its own residency program
    • Associated and have access to Campbell undergrad university
    • Cheap COL
    • Ample Research opportunities and possibly access to research at Duke, NC, or Wake Forest
    • From what I read, nice facility with great Sims Lab, but I will not have a chance to visit campus before deposit due
    • Student-run clinic and lots of volunteer opportunities
    • Curriculum is 9-week blocks with 1 week breaks in between
  • Cons
    • 80% attendance policy/strict business casual dress code
    • Further away from home
    • More Expensive (~55k, although I do not know yet if I will receive any scholarships)
    • Rural area ( I do not mind tho because I will have opportunity to move to bigger city like Charlotte and Raleigh after 2 years)
  • I do not really know how to judge rotation sites again but from what I read they have fairly good ones as-well.

Members don't see this ad.

Go to CUSOM, they have been the best of the newer schools. Their students seem to do well on boards and residency match.

Reactions: 1 user