ARCOM vs LMU-DCOM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

---> Dr.<--

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I got accepted into both programs and am having a really hard time deciding which one I should choose.

I had an amazing experience at the interview with ARCOM but with them being such a new program it’s a tough call. I know the Dean who established dcom is also the dean at arcom so that is a big plus as well as the big push they are making for residency placements in the state of Arkansas.

Dcom is now a more established program and seems to be set up pretty well, which isn’t making my decision any easier.

Any input is much appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

I personally would choose LMUDCOM if I were to go DO. Being in TN, I've interacted with several LMU-DCOM students over the course of a few months, and they all seem to like it very much. Plus TN weather is nice and there are a lot of good options for rotations.

Members don't see this ad :)
DCOM. Mostly because I dont trust the new arkansas schools yet

DCOM, while some instructors are good, bad, ugly, which is probably not school specific. has a good curriculum design, heavy amount of biochemistry, and preps you decently for UMLSE. Many DO schools do not. Our board scores aren't that great because we get a lot of weak students that come here ( mostly from our masters program) but there are a lot of us who made 230 240 250 plus on USMLE using mostly the curriculum, pathoma, first aid, UWORLD, and filling the small amount of gaps left by a few poor clinical instructors with boards and beyond, etc. Otherwise our basic science teachers and the rest of our clinical faculty are pretty top rate.

We could use a little less of the patient care class though but it is what it is. Our OPP is very light, and our instructors who do teach it write for COMLEX and they only give us the HY points, not the full on OMM splurge that most of us do not desire.