Are all MD’s required to perform surgery?

Started by 952995
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

9

952995

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I have bad eyesight, so performing any kind of surgical procedure could be difficult.

Any suggestions?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So you will probably have to suture, and other technical things you could have to do include IVs, ABGs, foleys. There are also things you should be able to see like differentiating lesions, weird eye stuff. So I dunno how bad your eyesight is, but it's just a consideration.
 
I have bad eyesight, so performing any kind of surgical procedure could be difficult.

Any suggestions?
Check the technical standards at the schools where you plan to apply.
Varying degrees of visual acuity are required.
If you can read this, you are probably ok.