Are Anatomy Videos Useful?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rasalvatore

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all. Just curious, do you guys find Anatomy Videos useful?
I wanted to enquire as a friend recommended the Kaplan Anatomy Videos, but Im kinda on a budget right now, so I dont wanna spend money unless its going to be worth it in the long run. If not Kaplan, do you guy recommend other videos/assets for Anatomy?

Thanks very much:)

Members don't see this ad.

I used the Acland videos. My school had a copy so I was able to borrow them to watch.

I found that they were the most helpful for musculoskeletal and head and neck.

I'm an MS4 and I STILL periodically watch these when I want to brush up on a region of the body. For anatomy, watch his video BEFORE the relevant lecture, and definitely before lab. He's also nice to watch when you can't read anymore and you need some passive learning time. Besides, I think his accent is entertaining.

Good Luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
I used the Acland videos. My school had a copy so I was able to borrow them to watch.

I found that they were the most helpful for musculoskeletal and head and neck.
acland videos pretty much got me through anatomy last year

Aclands saved my ass for neuroanatomy, thorax, and abdomen. Before Acland's I wasted countless hours pouring over Netter's(I don't count time in front of Rohen's as a waste).

My only regret is not finding the Acland videos sooner. I watch them before the relevant block and it makes life so much easier. Last I would study anatomy the most of any subject and received a low A. Now that I found Acland's second semester I study anatomy the least and am headed for another low A. :D

I used acland and the wisconsin ones regularly. I watched the michigan videos occasionally. Yes they are useful.

acland saved me most of time-see if your school offers them

also check out u mich's website for gross anat-quizzes, games, and tutorials galo'

Thank you all for your valuable responses! I will follow your suggestions and get the Aclands videos, as well as keep the Umich website favorited:p

Cheers!

The Wisconsin videos are typically a little better than Michigan. For me anyway.