Are creoles considered URM?

Started by DOMD2be
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

DOMD2be

Newbie
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi🙂
I was born on a creole island belonging to France, so was wondering if that would be considered URM( as mixed race, maybe?)
Thank you for any feedback!
 
Last edited:
AAMC considers URM to be Blacks, Mexican-Americans, Native Americans (American Indians, Alaska Natives, and Native Hawaiians), and mainland Puerto Ricans although some schools widen the scope.

Does your race fall into one of those categories? There's your answer 🙂
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yes. Also, if you know you probably don’t have to ask.

My mother is a Louisianan creole - my family members still knows which plantation our ancestors worked on in the 1800s. I’m half creole and know I’m definitely URM.