1. What do you find most helpful? Give us your feedback on the 2019 SDN Member Survey to help further the SDN mission (and win prizes!)
    Dismiss Notice
  2. This forum is for support and discussion only. Please promote test prep materials/services (including AMAs) in the Special Offers subforum only. Thanks!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice

Are Kaplan Step 2 books useful for Step 3??

Discussion in 'Step III' started by eutychus, Mar 12, 2007.

1. eutychus

eutychus New Member
    5+ Year Member

Medical Student
    hi,
    i'm a 4th year med student and i heard that we should hold on to our step 2 kaplan books because they're useful for studying for step 3. i was wondering if this was true or if most people just get first aid and qbank or something like that. i'm thinking about selling the kaplan step 2 books. thanks!

2. whopper

whopper Former jolly good fellow
    Physician Faculty 15+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    Its really only very useful for infectious disease, besides that its useful waxes & wanes depening on the subject.

The formats of the exam are very different. You're going to memorize a lot of stuff you don't need to know if you study your Step II stuff. Step III is almost all clinical stuff, while its about 25% clinical in step II.

You could keep it but if you do, use it only as a reference.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...