Are More Interview Invites Sill Being Sent Out?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ZeroCool

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Seeming that we're already halfway through November, how many more interview invitations do schools send out?? I was a late applicant, and my application didn't get sent out unti late september. I have one interview with Temple, and a Alternate List interview with Case. Do many other school's hand out interviews after December 1st, or should we be expecting the rest of the interview invitations to come within the next couple of weeks??? After applying to over 10 schools, I feel like i threw my money away. What schools should we expect more interview invitations from? :scared: Also, do most schools fill up the majority (or atleast 2/3) of the class after the December 1st acceptance batch?

Members don't see this ad.

tinman831 said:
I sure hope that more interviews are going to be sent out. I've only gotten two interviews out of 19 schools! :oops:

When did your application get sent out by AADSAS? And what are your stats - if you don't mind me asking?

Members don't see this ad :)
Me too :scared:
I only have 2 interviews scheduled out of the 9 schools i applied to.

When i called UMDNJ, they said that they will continue with more interviews in Feb. :confused:

But I hope we get more interviews coming.

Bungipug said:
Seeming that we're already halfway through November, how many more interview invitations do schools send out?? I was a late applicant, and my application didn't get sent out unti late september. I have one interview with Temple, and a Alternate List interview with Case. Do many other school's hand out interviews after December 1st, or should we be expecting the rest of the interview invitations to come within the next couple of weeks??? After applying to over 10 schools, I feel like i threw my money away. What schools should we expect more interview invitations from? :scared: Also, do most schools fill up the majority (or atleast 2/3) of the class after the December 1st acceptance batch?

i have the exact same 2 interviews, temple and alternate for case, and i also applied to over 10 schools.... are we screwed :laugh:

vaio said:
i have the exact same 2 interviews, temple and alternate for case, and i also applied to over 10 schools.... are we screwed :laugh:

When's your interview date for Temple? I think we're getting the shaft on these interviews. It sucks to spend soooooooooo much money for the application cyce and only get 2 interviews. Doesn't Temple interview students regardless if their interested in accepting them or not? I heard Temple interviews all the way into march even if their class is full :eek:

Bungipug said:
When's your interview date for Temple? I think we're getting the shaft on these interviews. It sucks to spend soooooooooo much money for the application cyce and only get 2 interviews. Doesn't Temple interview students regardless if their interested in accepting them or not? I heard Temple interviews all the way into march even if their class is full :eek:

i'm not sure if they interview with those intentions, sure doesn't seem like it from the letter i received. It said only a select group of applicants get interviews, but still it's by no means a guarantee of acceptance. My date is on Jan. 31st, what about you?

vaio said:
i'm not sure if they interview with those intentions, sure doesn't seem like it from the letter i received. It said only a select group of applicants get interviews, but still it's by no means a guarantee of acceptance. My date is on Jan. 31st, what about you?

My Temple date is january 25th. Anybody else have this same date for their interview?

it seems like most schools take a break on interviewing btwn dec. 15th or so and jan 15th. THis is probaly for the winter break and it allows them to give 30-45 days to the people accepted on or after dec. 1.

My interview is also on Jan 31st at Temple.

I predict an interview invite boom post dec. 1st

oldboy said:
I predict an interview invite boom post dec. 1st

I hope you're right man, cause I'm getting pretty nervous. Good luck to everyone. Hopefully we'll get some acceptances from schools that don't require interviews on dec 1st. :thumbup:

donkeywhisperer said:
I hope you're right man, cause I'm getting pretty nervous. Good luck to everyone. Hopefully we'll get some acceptances from schools that don't require interviews on dec 1st. :thumbup:

Besides NYU, what schools don't require interviews to be accepted?? Do Dental schools generally hand out more invitations after Dec 1?

Bungipug said:
Besides NYU, what schools don't require interviews to be accepted?? Do Dental schools generally hand out more invitations after Dec 1?

Creighton, SIUE are the other two that I know of.

Don't worry, I'm sure a lot of schools are still sending out interview letters. During most of my interviews, the schools emphasized that they want to give equal opportunity to late applicants so we should be patient even if we are not contacted with an acceptance or rejection letter in the beginning of Dec.

yeah don't worry (at least i am trying not go)....i got a few interview invites and most i was able to schedule within 3 weeks...i wouldn't fret, just keep on top of your status at schools! good luck.