Are my DAT scores good enough?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Janil411

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys!

Just took the DAT I am going into my senior year as a Bio major and I will be doing a gap year. I was wondering if my scores are good enough or will I have to retake it?

DAT breakdown:
PAT: 23
QR: 20
RC: 19
Bio: 23
GC: 18 :(
OC: 22
TS: 20
AA: 20

GPA:3.35

Will my low scores in GC and RC effect my chances? Thanks for your time!

Members don't see this ad.

Your DAT scores are consistent with the average accepted dental student. I don't think a retake is necessary, although a higher score would have been ideal to balance out your GPA. Since you're taking a gap year, you can use your senior year grades to pull your GPA up some more.

Reactions: 1 user
Hi guys!

Just took the DAT I am going into my senior year as a Bio major and I will be doing a gap year. I was wondering if my scores are good enough or will I have to retake it?

DAT breakdown:
PAT: 23
QR: 20
RC: 19
Bio: 23
GC: 18 :(
OC: 22
TS: 20
AA: 20

GPA:3.35

Will my low scores in GC and RC effect my chances? Thanks for your time!
What is your science GPA? Your scores are excellent..Little low in GC, what happened?

What is your science GPA? Your scores are excellent..Little low in GC, what happened?
Well I knew OC and BIO were my strong points so i left GC for the end. So i was crunched for time and also there were a couple of questions that were tripping me up.

Well I knew OC and BIO were my strong points so i left GC for the end. So i was crunched for time and also there were a couple of questions that were tripping me up.
Got it, your overall scores are great and you should have an opportunity for interviews, a lot of course depends on the school. Make sure to have a very strong personal statement, that will go a long way.

Wishing you the very best..