Apr 25, 2017
Status
Pre-Dental
Hi guys!

Just took the DAT I am going into my senior year as a Bio major and I will be doing a gap year. I was wondering if my scores are good enough or will I have to retake it?

DAT breakdown:
PAT: 23
QR: 20
RC: 19
Bio: 23
GC: 18 :(
OC: 22
TS: 20
AA: 20

GPA:3.35

Will my low scores in GC and RC effect my chances? Thanks for your time!

FeralisExtremum

SDN Gold Donor
Gold Donor
10+ Year Member
May 17, 2008
Status
Dental Student
Your DAT scores are consistent with the average accepted dental student. I don't think a retake is necessary, although a higher score would have been ideal to balance out your GPA. Since you're taking a gap year, you can use your senior year grades to pull your GPA up some more.

Reactions: Janil411

orgoman22

DAT DESTROYER
Lifetime Donor
Sponsor
Vendor
10+ Year Member
Mar 12, 2005
New York City
www.orgoman.com
Status
Non-Student
Hi guys!

Just took the DAT I am going into my senior year as a Bio major and I will be doing a gap year. I was wondering if my scores are good enough or will I have to retake it?

DAT breakdown:
PAT: 23
QR: 20
RC: 19
Bio: 23
GC: 18 :(
OC: 22
TS: 20
AA: 20

GPA:3.35

Will my low scores in GC and RC effect my chances? Thanks for your time!
What is your science GPA? Your scores are excellent..Little low in GC, what happened?

OP
J
Apr 25, 2017
Status
Pre-Dental
What is your science GPA? Your scores are excellent..Little low in GC, what happened?
Well I knew OC and BIO were my strong points so i left GC for the end. So i was crunched for time and also there were a couple of questions that were tripping me up.

orgoman22

DAT DESTROYER
Lifetime Donor
Sponsor
Vendor
10+ Year Member
Mar 12, 2005
New York City
www.orgoman.com
Status
Non-Student
Well I knew OC and BIO were my strong points so i left GC for the end. So i was crunched for time and also there were a couple of questions that were tripping me up.
Got it, your overall scores are great and you should have an opportunity for interviews, a lot of course depends on the school. Make sure to have a very strong personal statement, that will go a long way.

Wishing you the very best..