Are my PCAT scores competitive?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Coleorlo

Reaction score
Hi, everyone!

I am planning on retaking the PCAT in January since I didn't get to study very much (finished up some college classes over the summer), however some of the schools I am applying for have application deadlines before the end of the year. So I just wanted some opinions on whether my current scores would be competitive and get me an interview for those schools. Thanks!
Graduated college with an overall GPA of 3.55
PCAT scores:
BP 81
CR 80
QR 47
CP 86
Composite 77
Writing 3.0 mean of 2.73

Members don't see this ad.

Hi, everyone!

I am planning on retaking the PCAT in January since I didn't get to study very much (finished up some college classes over the summer), however some of the schools I am applying for have application deadlines before the end of the year. So I just wanted some opinions on whether my current scores would be competitive and get me an interview for those schools. Thanks!
PCAT scores:
BP 81
CR 80
QR 47
CP 86
Composite 77
Writing 3.0 mean of 2.73

You're fine. Don't retake.

Hi, everyone!

PCAT scores:
BP 81
CR 80
QR 47
CP 86
Composite 77
Writing 3.0 mean of 2.73
Of course do not retake. Good luck!

You will be fine for pretty much every school. I don't think even the "top" schools in the US have PCAT averages higher than that?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for the replies everyone!
Just wondering, would it hurt my chances of getting accepted if I did take it again? I felt like I could still have done better on it.
Thanks!

Don't worry, for good reason, schools will start to lower their standards for acceptance and extend their application deadlines as less and less students apply to pharmacy school. Students are starting to realize pharmacy is saturated. UF extended their deadline last year and were accepting students below 3.0 GPA.

Even though I’ve been reading that the pharmacy job market will be extremely saturated in the next couple years, I’m still not deterred. Pharmacy is still something I’m very passionate about and want to make into a career someday! I live in Michigan near Grand Rapids, and I’ve still been seeing a lot of open pharmacist jobs as well as pharmaceutical companies looking for Pharm D students right out of college(Pfizer). Hopefully, this will still be the outlook in 4 years!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Even though I’ve been reading that the pharmacy job market will be extremely saturated in the next couple years, I’m still not deterred. Pharmacy is still something I’m very passionate about and want to make into a career someday! I live in Michigan near Grand Rapids, and I’ve still been seeing a lot of open pharmacist jobs as well as pharmaceuticals companies looking for Pharm D students right out of college(Pfizer). Hopefully, this will still be the outlook in 4 years!

Great, positive attitude to have. Hope everything works out for you!

Even though I’ve been reading that the pharmacy job market will be extremely saturated in the next couple years, I’m still not deterred. Pharmacy is still something I’m very passionate about and want to make into a career someday! I live in Michigan near Grand Rapids, and I’ve still been seeing a lot of open pharmacist jobs as well as pharmaceuticals companies looking for Pharm D students right out of college(Pfizer). Hopefully, this will still be the outlook in 4 years!

Then save what money you can and don't retake.