my PCAT scores

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tobiasf

Reaction score
hi can someone help me. here are my scores
BIO 387
CHEM 388
READING 363
QUANTI 381
COMPOSITE 380
WRITING 3.0

what might be my percent?
please aside from LIU do you know of any other school i might get into with this score?
Thanks and very appreciative

Members don't see this ad.

Does it not say what your percentile score is on the results? (percentile is different than percent) - and I will jump in before you get blasted -I have no idea how good or bad this score is - but there are so many schools, I am sure you can get in - should you go is a whole different conversation

thanks very much
It doesn't tell me the percentile score
i just got an email from PCATScoreReport.aspx and the only difference with this and the raw score i got
after taking the test is that this has the Essay score.

if this is accurate - you scored somewhere in the 25-30th precentile

Members don't see this ad :)
Moving to PCAT discussion sub-forum:

As for your question, you will definitely see a Percentile Rating or "PR" score that places you in comparison to other applicants over a span of 5 years. The SS you are referring to is the Scaled Score or "SS" and this is based on the # of items you actually got correct within each specific section of the test which can range up to 600 as a perfect score.

The PR is a number that ranks you against your peers. For example, if every applicant from 5 years ago to the present time missed 2 questions in every category and you only missed 1 question for each category, then by the PR rating you are the 1% that beat the score of 99% of your peers (thus, you would see a PR of 99%). On the flip side, if every applicant missed nothing and you merely missed 1 question, then by default you were beat by 99% of your peers over the past 5 years putting you with a PR score of only 1%.

Theoretically, if you get over a 50% then you scored better than half of the applicants. To be considered competitive in times past you would need to have a PR score around the 70th percentile or higher.

So, if your SS score average is somewhere around a 380, then by definition on a 600 spread-scale your Percentile would be very very low.... In simple terms, that tells the admissions committee that out of approximately 60,000 applicants, around 75% or more of them did better than you.

If you wish to see an example scale of a previous 5 year cycle back in 2016 (nothing much has changed with the layout) here is a link:

Last edited:
Hi, im currently from Puerto Rico. I was a P1 student in ETSU, but I had to go back to Puerto Rico, due a medical condition the first month I started the P1. The first time I took the PCAT I scored a very low PCAT 5% composite. The second time this was my PCAT scores:

Chemistry: 82%
Quantitative Reasoning (Math): 82%
Biology: 63%
Critical Reading: 11% (English is not my first Language)
Composite: 58%

Biology B.S GPA: 3.76 (PharmCAS calculate)
Associate degree in pharmacy GPA: 3.97

Experience like pharmacy technician in pharmacy of Veterans affairs Hospital.
Papers
ACS member
Be the match member
Researchs
A great essay

I applied to NSU Puerto Rico Campus but I’m afraid, because I applied on January and I did not receive any call yet. I talked with friends in NSU and they told me NSU PR campus take MONTHS to call the candidates. And when I call them they told me “Your application is under review” and I applied in January 21.

Any suggestions? Thanks for your time

Hi, im currently from Puerto Rico. I was a P1 student in ETSU, but I had to go back to Puerto Rico, due a medical condition the first month I started the P1. The first time I took the PCAT I scored a very low PCAT 5% composite. The second time this was my PCAT scores:

Chemistry: 82%
Quantitative Reasoning (Math): 82%
Biology: 63%
Critical Reading: 11% (English is not my first Language)
Composite: 58%

Biology B.S GPA: 3.76 (PharmCAS calculate)
Associate degree in pharmacy GPA: 3.97

Experience like pharmacy technician in pharmacy of Veterans affairs Hospital.
Papers
ACS member
Be the match member
Researchs
A great essay

I applied to NSU Puerto Rico Campus but I’m afraid, because I applied on January and I did not receive any call yet. I talked with friends in NSU and they told me NSU PR campus take MONTHS to call the candidates. And when I call them they told me “Your application is under review” and I applied in January 21.

Any suggestions? Thanks for your time

I refer you to the previous comments in this thread. A true competitive PCAT score is getting over a 70% composite score.

With that, many schools are waiving the PCAT altogether and others have lowered their threshold screening to allow students still to interview. If you apply broadly then yes you're bound to get an interview or two.

Despite what you may/may not know about what's happening to pharmacy grads (and this is still what you want to pursue), why don't you just reapply to ETSU? were you on a Leave of Absence or did they dismiss you due to academic reasons? I say this because they are one of many other schools that do not require the PCAT

Reactions: 1 user
I refer you to the previous comments in this thread. A true competitive PCAT score is getting over a 70% composite score.

With that, many schools are waiving the PCAT altogether and others have lowered their threshold screening to allow students still to interview. If you apply broadly then yes you're bound to get an interview or two.

Despite what you may/may not know about what's happening to pharmacy grads (and this is still what you want to pursue), why don't you just reapply to ETSU? were you on a Leave of Absence or did they dismiss you due to academic reasons? I say this because they are one of many other schools that do not require the PCAT
I had to go back to Puerto Rico due a health problem (Chrons disease) I was operate (total colectomy) and manny complication occurred in the process. I called NSU and they told the average score of PCAT they received to considered competitive is >45%.

I had to go back to Puerto Rico due a health problem (Chrons disease) I was operate (total colectomy) and manny complication occurred in the process. I called NSU and they told the average score of PCAT they received to considered competitive is >45%.

I understand you had to leave due to health issues, but what I mean is did you take a LOA (Leave of Absence) of which you would be deferred to the next academic cycle or did you simply "drop out" and thus resulted in academic release for not finishing coursework?

As for any program that deems > 45% competitive, then I would worry about what their NAPLEX pass rate is. 45 percentile is far from competitive. As I mentioned though, many programs are doing away with the PCAT while others are lowering their standards for screening interviews. Nonetheless, if you cast a wide net for programs, you'll receive an interview.

As for the waiting game for NSU, there is nothing you can do (except to wait).

Reactions: 1 user
I just took the “Total withdrawal” because I can’t go back to ETSU.

And
From 2009 to 2019, Nova Southeastern University averaged a first-time NAPLEX pass rate of 88.7%.