Are my stats good enough?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Bibbidi Bobbidi Boo

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

State of residency: CA
GPA: 3.70
sGPA: 3.71
Volunteer hr: 400
Shadowing hr: 67 (currently working at a dental office to get more experience)
DAT scores: AA: 20

other factors: Mentored and tutored first-generation & underserved students at my university for 5 years.

So far I have only received one interview. Do you guys think I should add any other schools? What do you guys think about my application? Do I have a chance to get more interviews?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Hello everyone,

TS: 23

bio: 23
gen chem: 22
ochem: 23
RC: 17
QR: 17
PAT: 19
other factors: Mentored and tutored first-generation & underserved students at my university for 5 years.

During August to September, I applied to these schools:
-Oregon
-UCONN
-UCSF
-University of Nevada
-University of Michigan
-USC
-Howard University
-UCLA
-UDM (Detroit Mercy)
-Western U
-PITT
-UOP
-AT Arizona

So far I have only received one interview. Do you guys think I should add any other schools? What do you guys think about my application? Do I have a chance to get more interviews?
I think your stats are fine and schools are still sending out interviews so don’t worry too much yet. Remember aside from stats your essays also matter

Reactions: 1 users
Hello everyone,

TS: 23

bio: 23
gen chem: 22
ochem: 23
RC: 17
QR: 17
PAT: 19

During August to September, I applied to these schools:
-Oregon
-UCONN
-UCSF
-University of Nevada
-University of Michigan
-USC
-Howard University
-UCLA
-UDM (Detroit Mercy)
-Western U
-PITT
-UOP
-AT Arizona

are you URM?

how did you come up with this list?
it's kinda random...

Members don't see this ad :)
are you URM?

how did you come up with this list?
it's kinda random...
I am not URM...I agree that my list is kinda random but it's because west coast doesn't have as many dental schools as east coast. Also, University of Washington only accepts 8 OOS applicants and Utah Schools don't accept many CA students. So, I ended up choosing other schools that are farther away from home :)

I am not URM...I agree that my list is kinda random but it's because west coast doesn't have as many dental schools as east coast. Also, University of Washington only accepts 8 OOS applicants and Utah Schools don't accept many CA students. So, I ended up choosing other schools that are farther away from home :)

it's not a terrible list
howard is an HBCU, and takes almost all URM...
UDM and Pitt and UConn and UMich are pretty random
I would have suggested Colorado and Utah and perhaps a couple of schools in the middle of the country instead

yes, you have a chance to get more interviews
you have a good gpa, an excellent TS, and an OK AA
as long as your PS and LOR don't suck, you just need to be patient and trust the process...

Reactions: 1 user
I agree with @macsak. I recommend the University of Utah. Your stats are fine.

it's not a terrible list
howard is an HBCU, and takes almost all URM...
UDM and Pitt and UConn and UMich are pretty random
I would have suggested Colorado and Utah and perhaps a couple of schools in the middle of the country instead

yes, you have a chance to get more interviews
you have a good gpa, an excellent TS, and an OK AA
as long as your PS and LOR don't suck, you just need to be patient and trust the process...
I applied to Colorado yesterday, thank you for the recommendation. I am taking Casper tomorrow to apply to the Utah as well :happy:

VCU is pretty OOS friendly, large class (100), not overly hung up on stats/numbers, and usually has a handful of west coast kids per class