Are older MCAT books (2015) sufficient or better to purchase newer set?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

curiouschemist

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have a set of Princeton Review books I bought in 2015 that contain material for the new version of the MCAT but I never took the exam back then. I'd like to recommit to studying and taking the exam, but I'm wondering if it's worth purchasing newer versions of the study materials or if my books from 2015 are good enough. Not sure how much the review content is adjusted each year...

Members don't see this ad.

I have a set of Princeton Review books I bought in 2015 that contain material for the new version of the MCAT but I never took the exam back then. I'd like to recommit to studying and taking the exam, but I'm wondering if it's worth purchasing newer versions of the study materials or if my books from 2015 are good enough. Not sure how much the review content is adjusted each year...
I'd say go with a current edition. Adjustments have certainly being made, regardless of how small. Some new editions even provide new examples, new approaches, updated scientific info to popular concepts. Why take the chance? Use both if you have to. Doesn't sound economical but you want to be on point with this exam.