Are pre-meds racist?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mgg

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Ive heard some pretty rude comments being thrown around by pre meds in some of my classes. Is this isolated or do a lot of premeds have racist sentiments? :confused:

Members don't see this ad.

Ive heard some pretty rude comments being thrown around by pre meds in some of my classes. Is this isolated or do a lot of premeds have racist sentiments? :confused:
Pre meds are people. Some people are racist. Some pre meds are racist. Some of virtually every group you can think of have members with virtually every trait you can think of. Racism and pre meds is no different than any other trait among any other group of people.

Members don't see this ad :)
Pre-meds are the peasants of the college campus, one of the many lower classes that dwell on college campuses in this modern age. Their name means "Pre-medical", "Neurotic", or "Elf of the Cave" (the exact meaning is uncertain, as Tolkien gave different derivations in different places)

They are the genetic experimental progeny of Hitler and Stalin, and a great-grandsons/daughters of Lúthien, born in Beleriand in the First Age, making them well over 6,000 years old by the time of the events described here and extremely resistant to change. Their twin brother was Elros Tar-Minyatur, the first High King of Númenor a noted aryan skinhead.

Although pre-meds are considered half-elven, this is not meant to be an exact percentage value; they and their brother Elros were also descended from the Maiar, angelic beings who had come to Earth thousands of years before. Pre-meds, along with their parents, their brother, and their children, were granted a choice between Elven or human fates by the Valar. Pre-meds chose to travel into the West and live as an immortal racist Elves, while their brother Elros chose mortality and decided to give up his hatred.

Reactions: 1 user
So I saw these two guys on the highway wearing red shirts who were hitchhiking. I'm just wondering do all people who wear red shirts hitchhike? Is this isolated, or do most red-shirt wearers hitchhike? :confused:

Pre meds are people. Some people are racist. Some pre meds are racist. Some of virtually every group you can think of have members with virtually every trait you can think of. Racism and pre meds is no different than any other trait among any other group of people.

While I agree with this, I wish it were not true.

Why can't we all just get along!

Pre-meds are the peasants of the college campus, one of the many lower classes that dwell on college campuses in this modern age. Their name means "Pre-medical", "Neurotic", or "Elf of the Cave" (the exact meaning is uncertain, as Tolkien gave different derivations in different places)

They are the genetic experimental progeny of Hitler and Stalin, and a great-grandsons/daughters of Lúthien, born in Beleriand in the First Age, making them well over 6,000 years old by the time of the events described here and extremely resistant to change. Their twin brother was Elros Tar-Minyatur, the first High King of Númenor a noted aryan skinhead.

Although pre-meds are considered half-elven, this is not meant to be an exact percentage value; they and their brother Elros were also descended from the Maiar, angelic beings who had come to Earth thousands of years before. Pre-meds, along with their parents, their brother, and their children, were granted a choice between Elven or human fates by the Valar. Pre-meds chose to travel into the West and live as an immortal racist Elves, while their brother Elros chose mortality and decided to give up his hatred.

This...this is excellent. Good day to you, sir.

Epic. Much respect :thumbup:

I am so in love with you right now :)

A guy (I assume?) who knows his Tolkien...sexxxay!!!

I'm going to guess psychiatry resident. They're the only ones unique enough to write something that special.

Dunno and don't care.. I'd hit it just for that response

Tee hee hee!

If this is a troll, then... :smack:

But I can sort of understand where one might get this impression. There can be a lot of negative comments thrown around by pre-meds when they have low-ish scores and think that URMs are taking their spots.

Members don't see this ad :)
If this is a troll, then... :smack:

But I can sort of understand where one might get this impression. There can be a lot of negative comments thrown around by pre-meds when they have low-ish scores and think that URMs are taking their spots.

No kiddin'. Please don't go there. The most recent thread which broached this topic scared the crap out of me.

As someone who will prolly apply as URM what I have gathered so far is that my potential med school classmates are likely gonna think I am dumb and lazy and only got in because I am a black female. Learning to accept that this is the way things are gonna be and focus on my goals.

1059090519_b45d7e6c8c.jpg

Everyone's a little bit racist.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RovF1zsDoeM&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Considering that a good amount of people on SDN truly believe that URMs are genetically programmed to be less intelligent, I would say yes. See "A Rant on Education and Race"

Last edited:

Not all, just the ones with little ding dongs. :laugh: They just hate people with big ding dongs. I myself LOVE big ding dongs. :D

Not all, just the ones with little ding dongs. :laugh: They just hate people with big ding dongs. I myself LOVE big ding dongs. :D

LOL, I love how your analysis always comes down to penile envy.

hostess_ding_dong.jpg

In that case, I don't mind large ding dongs either. :thumbup:

You guys give me a little too much credit, but thanks for the compliments XD.

I'm going to guess psychiatry resident. They're the only ones unique enough to write something that special.

Vascular Surgery :)

For the number of times I've been told that the "first year of residency is brutal" I hope you're posting this from the hospital. :eyebrow:

I have hours of free time and I'm not sure I'd be able to put in the "research" required to craft such a great response. :thumbup:

I start orientation for residency next Monday, so I have time :). But to be honest it took me less than 15 minutes to write (Look at the time stamps :p)

We don't care much for colored folk.

I was afraid I'd come in here and see **** hit the fan, but I like where this thread is going. :laugh:

I live for big ding dongs. I always check before taking a guy home. I don't have time for little ding dongs. I'm a busy girl. I have needs. :D

I live for big ding dongs. I always check before taking a guy home. I don't have time for little ding dongs. I'm a busy girl. I have needs. :D

Do you need a spotter for workouts or something?

I was afraid I'd come in here and see **** hit the fan, but I like where this thread is going. :laugh:

;)

I like ding dongs too (refer to my post above), but you seem to be obsessed with them! how do you stay in shape without ever getting fat? What are your thoughts/views on yellow twinkies? how about pink giant fluffy 'sno' balls? I personally really like the "ho hos".

mmmmmmmm Hostess sure does made tasty snacks..

;)

I like ding dongs too (refer to my post above), but you seem to be obsessed with them! how do you stay in shape without ever getting fat? What are your thoughts/views on yellow twinkies? how about pink giant fluffy 'sno' balls? I personally really like the "ho hos".

mmmmmmmm Hostess sure does made tasty snacks..

I, too, adore them. They do have their cons however. Whenever I am about to put them in my mouth, those ding dong just explode prematurely and the cream get all over the place. Hostess need to addresses this problem pronto.

This thread so far = winning. Thought I was walking into a **** storm but you guys turned it around. Congrats.

Smart educated people are not racist so its not as common in a college setting.

I, too, adore them. They do have their cons however. Whenever I am about to put them in my mouth, those ding dong just explode prematurely and the cream get all over the place. Hostess need to addresses this problem pronto.

Now things just got weird. I guess I shouldn't say that since I am assuming that you are a guy; some guys also love huge ding dongs and cream fillings. :D

Last edited:
Don't let some nasty comments by a couple of people color your view on how all of us are. Those guys are just d****.

Don't let some nasty comments by a couple of people color your view on how all of us are. Those guys are just d****.

Good, I am glad to know that there are some kind hearted people on snd.
Back to my racist class mates, I will probably confront them about their comments later this week. Thank you all who have taken my concerns seriously.

Oh yeah? That happens to me too! Its very frustrating. Sometimes, its so hot, that the whole damn thing just melts in my hand. Then I have to clean up the freakin' mess.

Now things just got weird. I guess I shouldn't say that since I am assuming that you are a guy; some guys also love huge ding dongs and cream fillings. :D

Woah woah woah! Oh so guys are not allowed to eat delicious creamy snacks? Jeezzzz.....I wonder what rude opinion you have of hot dogs and salted corn...not to mention sweet peanuts
This thread so far = winning. Thought I was walking into a **** storm but you guys turned it around. Congrats.

Haha, I agree!

Good, I am glad to know that there are some kind hearted people on snd.
Back to my racist class mates, I will probably confront them about their comments later this week. Thank you all who have taken my concerns seriously.

Jokes aside, racism is terrible, and its pretty awesome that you are going to stand up for your morals. Kudos to you man. More should learn from that.

wtf :confused: are you lumping all pre-meds together and passing judgement on them based on pre-conceived notions as a group?

I completely understand where your coming from. I was talking about stats and applying and I received a snide remark about being URM and not having to "try". After "educating" her, It just reminded me that people will think that I just waltzed into med school using an URM card. There's nothing you can do about it but be yourself. Ignorant people will always be ignorant. Just do your best

In the deep south they are. Sadly, that where I live :(.

Everyone is prejudiced and racist in some way. We are human.

I mean this in the nicest way possible, but this is one of the dumbest questions I've ever heard.