Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am curious if certain volunteering opportunities are more "impressive" to adcoms than others. For example, I just recently started volunteering and my job is to make sure that the medical staff follows certain protocols as they are moving patients from the ICU to the OR, before, during and after surgeries in the OR, and transporting back to ICU from the OR. I need to make sure that they're communicating correctly and the right information is being conveyed between team members. This puts me in the OR for entire procedures (if I chose to watch the whole surgery) and the ICU. I am really excited about this experience and think that it's a great experience for a pre-med to have. I don't want to get nit-picky but, would this experience be more impressive to an adcom than someone who is answering phones or directing patients to areas of the hospital, not that those aren't important jobs. I pretty much lucked into my position now.
Last edited:
