Are the adcom members on here verified as actually being adcom members?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lolpremed22

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
title

Members don't see this ad.

There is a verification process for doctors, faculty and administration.

Reactions: 6 users
Doesn't matter. You should critically evaluate any advice you're given by anyone. especially on the internet.

Reactions: 6 users
Members don't see this ad :)
If you ever venture into that cesspool called r/premed, one continuing meme is that LizzyM and I are not real Adcom members.
There's also one where you're being paid bank by AACOM to specifically **** on Caribbean schools :D

OP: all the tags/links below people's names (i.e. "faculty," "physician," "Ph.D." etc. are verified). It's not foolproof but basically 99% is legit I'd say.

Reactions: 1 user
There's also one where you're being paid bank by AACOM to specifically **** on Caribbean schools :D

OP: all the tags/links below people's names (i.e. "faculty," "physician," "Ph.D." etc. are verified). It's not foolproof but basically 99% is legit I'd say.
I think some of my worst critics have been either Carib grads, students, rejects, or wannabes.

AACOM should pay me for the service I do for the profession! But they probably wouldn't like my criticisms, either.

Reactions: 1 user
Actually, I've only been posting on SDN for the last 11 years as part of a secret plot by the AAMC to weed out prospective students who can't recognize sarcasm on the internet.

Reactions: 24 users
If you ever venture into that cesspool called r/premed, one continuing meme is that LizzyM and I are not real Adcom members.
I honestly never knew that subreddit existed... they um... don't like you that much.

Reactions: 4 users
When you become a moderator you become privy to certain information. While I cannot disclose anything that would threaten another user's privacy, I can confirm to you that @Goro and @gyngyn are cats and @LizzyM is literally, actually Judy Dench, who uses her superior acting skills to masquerade as an adcom on SDN in exchange for millions dollars. We finance this expensive operation with ban money.

Reactions: 19 users
When you become a moderator you become privy to certain information. While I cannot disclose anything that would threaten another user's privacy, I can confirm to you that @Goro and @gyngyn are cats and @LizzyM is literally, actually Judy Dench.

So, if I send catnip to all medical schools as part of my secondary package, then I will be guaranteed two, and only two, acceptances??

Reactions: 7 users
Members don't see this ad :)
They're all actually my alt accounts

Every member except for you is one of my alt accounts

SDN is actually the matrix

Reactions: 23 users
Nice try, CIA.
I'm actually with the FBI. The CIA would not bother with catnip and go straight to the cat carrier for intimidation rather than supplication.

Yes. When I signed up to join SDN, I had to send a link to my own Faculty website.

I recall seeing that, and laughing to myself.

31C5D2A700000578-0-image-m-30_1456931951305.jpg

Actual picture of @Goro.

Reactions: 16 users
If you ever venture into that cesspool called r/premed
Just like SDN (and everything else) there is both good and bad. for some exceptionally good reading that may, dare I say, change you opinion of r/premed... check this out Used to post MCAT study guides - took it in 2013 and got a 35 (95.6th percentile for that cycle). Lost brother to suicide. fell into a black hole for 3 years. the people i helped with my study guides helped me through this. thanks for the shoulder to lean on. • r/premed

Reactions: 3 users
I didn't believe r/premed either, but then I saw LizzyM was trademarked by the company that RUNS SDN...really suspicious.

LIZZYM Trademark of Coastal Research Group - Registration Number 4889934 - Serial Number 86088210 :: Justia Trademarks
Could you lay out more explicitly what this is suspicious for? I'm not sure I understand what conspiracy is being suggested.

Even if you think that this is evidence that SDN runs the LizzyM account, why would they need to trademark the name? Why wait 8 years after the account was created? Why would SDN itself care to do this? It's rather clear this is trademarking the name of the LizzyM scoring system thing, which doesn't seem odd to me in the slightest.

Reactions: 2 users
Now that that's settled... how do you guys have so much time to be on SDN so much?

Now that that's settled... how do you guys have so much time to be on SDN so much?
I'm no adCom, but my SDN time will cut back massively after this weekend once M2 starts on Monday.

It's easy to jump onto sdn when I am spinning cells or waiting for a western blot to run.

Also, I'd go insane if I spent eight hours a day writing an R21 Grant. I have to have some release!

Reactions: 3 users
Yes. When I signed up to join SDN, I had to send a link to my own Faculty website.

Why is it a cesspool? It consistently provides higher quality information than SDN. Go compare the front page of both forums right now if you don't believe me.

Why is it a cesspool? It consistently provides higher quality information than SDN. Go compare the front page of both forums right now if you don't believe me.
I decided to go back and take another look. I had visited a few years ago to understand some very bad advice that was given to a few friends. I just read advice tonight that was sometimes similar to SDN for premed, and often was much too optimistic. I know SDN premeds can be neurotic, but plenty of people here will tell you to step up your game. Cesspool? Not quite accurate in my short research experiment? Higher quality? Unequivocal no.

Sent from my QTAQZ3 using Tapatalk

Reactions: 1 users
I decided to go back and take another look. I had visited a few years ago to understand some very bad advice that was given to a few friends. I just read advice tonight that was sometimes similar to SDN for premed, and often was much too optimistic. I know SDN premeds can be neurotic, but plenty of people here will tell you to step up your game. Cesspool? Not quite accurate in my short research experiment? Higher quality? Unequivocal no.

Sent from my QTAQZ3 using Tapatalk
There's hope for everyone, I guess!

Reddit may be a little too optimistic for some applicants but gives similar advice from my experience. It's a supportive community as a whole for what can be a stressful time for many. SDN gives out more realistic advice but the culture here is far less welcoming imo.

Reddit may be a little too optimistic for some applicants but gives similar advice from my experience. It's a supportive community as a whole for what can be a stressful time for many. SDN gives out more realistic advice but the culture here is far less welcoming imo.
Because people ask the same questions without using the search function. I was the same way when first joining.

I get paid from an unnamed foreign government to promote instability within the United States thru any means available. My work through creating an incredibly obtuse, convoluted, complicated and highly fragmented medical school application system leaving applicants frustrated

In turn that frustration festers and turns even the best and brightest among us into two faced villians, only this time instead of trying to kill Batman it boils over in a whirlwind of prostitutes, hardcore drugs and partying. Bringing down America one medical school dean at a time. :banana: