Are the adcom members on here verified as actually being adcom members?

Goro

7+ Year Member
Jun 10, 2010
Somewhere west of St. Louis
Status
Non-Student
Yes. When I signed up to join SDN, I had to send a link to my own Faculty website.

If you ever venture into that cesspool called r/premed, one continuing meme is that LizzyM and I are not real Adcom members.

md-2020

The Immaculate Catch
2+ Year Member
Jun 29, 2015
Status
Medical Student
If you ever venture into that cesspool called r/premed, one continuing meme is that LizzyM and I are not real Adcom members.
There's also one where you're being paid bank by AACOM to specifically **** on Caribbean schools :D

OP: all the tags/links below people's names (i.e. "faculty," "physician," "Ph.D." etc. are verified). It's not foolproof but basically 99% is legit I'd say.

Reactions: Winged Scapula

Goro

7+ Year Member
Jun 10, 2010
Status
Non-Student
There's also one where you're being paid bank by AACOM to specifically **** on Caribbean schools :D

OP: all the tags/links below people's names (i.e. "faculty," "physician," "Ph.D." etc. are verified). It's not foolproof but basically 99% is legit I'd say.
I think some of my worst critics have been either Carib grads, students, rejects, or wannabes.

AACOM should pay me for the service I do for the profession! But they probably wouldn't like my criticisms, either.

Reactions: md-2020

Goro

7+ Year Member
Jun 10, 2010
Status
Non-Student

gonnif

Only 512 Days Until Next Presidential Election
Lifetime Donor
7+ Year Member
Jul 26, 2009
The Big Bad Apple
Status
Non-Student
No, we are the ghosts in all this, especially me
I didn't believe r/premed either, but then I saw lizzyM was trademarked by the company that RUNS SDN...really suspicious.

LIZZYM Trademark of Coastal Research Group - Registration Number 4889934 - Serial Number 86088210 :: Justia Trademarks
Thats to allow her scoring system to used here and not co-opted by other sites, consulting companies, or private advisors. Coastal Research is a the legal entity that SDN operates under the Nonprofit Public Benefit Corporation Law for charitable purposes in California and recognized as a Internal Revenue Code 501 (c) (3) tax exempt organization.

Donate to SDN - Student Doctor Network
About

gonnif

Lifetime Donor
7+ Year Member
Jul 26, 2009
The Big Bad Apple
Status
Non-Student
That's weird. I found this on what was actually patented:

"Software as a service (SAAS) services featuring software for analyzing educational test scores and other data"
You have to protect via Intellectual Property law and patent is the mechanism for doing so

WingedOx

Unofficial Froopyland Forum Mod.
Gold Donor
7+ Year Member
Nov 16, 2010
Let's call it a World Cup hiatus...
Status
Attending Physician
Actually, I've only been posting on SDN for the last 11 years as part of a secret plot by the AAMC to weed out prospective students who can't recognize sarcasm on the internet.

Goro

7+ Year Member
Jun 10, 2010
Status
Non-Student
I honestly never knew that subreddit existed... they um... don't like you that much.
There are tons of people out there who only come here to hear what they want to hear, or don't like being told what they need to hear.

That and a lot of pathological types too.

Lucca

Will Walk Rope for Sandwich
Staff member
Administrator
5+ Year Member
Oct 22, 2013
City of the Future
Status
Pre-Medical
When you become a moderator you become privy to certain information. While I cannot disclose anything that would threaten another user's privacy, I can confirm to you that @Goro and @gyngyn are cats and @LizzyM is literally, actually Judy Dench, who uses her superior acting skills to masquerade as an adcom on SDN in exchange for millions dollars. We finance this expensive operation with ban money.

May 7, 2017
Go away, Yank.
Status
Medical Student
When you become a moderator you become privy to certain information. While I cannot disclose anything that would threaten another user's privacy, I can confirm to you that @Goro and @gyngyn are cats and @LizzyM is literally, actually Judy Dench.
So, if I send catnip to all medical schools as part of my secondary package, then I will be guaranteed two, and only two, acceptances??

WedgeDawg

not actually a dog
Staff member
Administrator
7+ Year Member
Mar 22, 2012
Status
Resident [Any Field]
They're all actually my alt accounts

Every member except for you is one of my alt accounts

SDN is actually the matrix

Lucca

Will Walk Rope for Sandwich
Staff member
Administrator
5+ Year Member
Oct 22, 2013
City of the Future
Status
Pre-Medical
So, if I send catnip to all medical schools as part of my secondary package, then I will be guaranteed two, and only two, acceptances??
Nice try, CIA.

Reactions: ariri and Goro

Turkishking

2+ Year Member
Jul 15, 2015
Status
Pre-Medical
Yes. When I signed up to join SDN, I had to send a link to my own Faculty website.

I recall seeing that, and laughing to myself.

Goro

7+ Year Member
Jun 10, 2010
Status
Non-Student
This is the real me:

Goro

7+ Year Member
Jun 10, 2010
Status
Non-Student
Reactions: Turkishking

BombsAway

2+ Year Member
Mar 17, 2016
Status
Rehab Sci Student

hamstergang

may or may not contain hamsters
5+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
May 6, 2012
NJ
Status
Attending Physician
I didn't believe r/premed either, but then I saw lizzyM was trademarked by the company that RUNS SDN...really suspicious.

LIZZYM Trademark of Coastal Research Group - Registration Number 4889934 - Serial Number 86088210 :: Justia Trademarks
Could you lay out more explicitly what this is suspicious for? I'm not sure I understand what conspiracy is being suggested.

Even if you think that this is evidence that SDN runs the LizzyM account, why would they need to trademark the name? Why wait 8 years after the account was created? Why would SDN itself care to do this? It's rather clear this is trademarking the name of the LizzyM scoring system thing, which doesn't seem odd to me in the slightest.

OP
L
May 14, 2017
Status
Pre-Medical
Now that that's settled... how do you guys have so much time to be on SDN so much?

Goro

7+ Year Member
Jun 10, 2010
Status
Non-Student
Now that that's settled... how do you guys have so much time to be on SDN so much?
It's easy to jump onto sdn when I am spinning cells or waiting for a western blot to run.

Also, I'd go insane if I spent eight hours a day writing an R21 Grant. I have to have some release!

gonnif

Lifetime Donor
7+ Year Member
Jul 26, 2009
The Big Bad Apple
Status
Non-Student
I get paid from an unnamed foreign government to promote instability within the United States thru any means available. My work through creating an incredibly obtuse, convoluted, complicated and highly fragmented medical school application system leaving applicants frustrated

premeds_r_dumb_123

Membership Revoked
Removed
Account on Hold
Aug 2, 2017

Why is it a cesspool? It consistently provides higher quality information than SDN. Go compare the front page of both forums right now if you don't believe me.

Goro

7+ Year Member
Jun 10, 2010
Status
Non-Student
Why is it a cesspool? It consistently provides higher quality information than SDN. Go compare the front page of both forums right now if you don't believe me.
Just look at what they have to say about our dear LizzyM.

Goro

7+ Year Member
Jun 10, 2010
Status
Non-Student

raiderette

5+ Year Member
Feb 2, 2014
Status
Medical Student
I decided to go back and take another look. I had visited a few years ago to understand some very bad advice that was given to a few friends. I just read advice tonight that was sometimes similar to SDN for premed, and often was much too optimistic. I know SDN premeds can be neurotic, but plenty of people here will tell you to step up your game. Cesspool? Not quite accurate in my short research experiment? Higher quality? Unequivocal no.

Sent from my QTAQZ3 using Tapatalk

Goro

7+ Year Member
Jun 10, 2010
Status
Non-Student
I decided to go back and take another look. I had visited a few years ago to understand some very bad advice that was given to a few friends. I just read advice tonight that was sometimes similar to SDN for premed, and often was much too optimistic. I know SDN premeds can be neurotic, but plenty of people here will tell you to step up your game. Cesspool? Not quite accurate in my short research experiment? Higher quality? Unequivocal no.

Sent from my QTAQZ3 using Tapatalk
There's hope for everyone, I guess!

Dantes

2+ Year Member
May 12, 2017
Status
Medical Student
Reddit may be a little too optimistic for some applicants but gives similar advice from my experience. It's a supportive community as a whole for what can be a stressful time for many. SDN gives out more realistic advice but the culture here is far less welcoming imo.

Turkishking

2+ Year Member
Jul 15, 2015
Status
Pre-Medical
Reddit may be a little too optimistic for some applicants but gives similar advice from my experience. It's a supportive community as a whole for what can be a stressful time for many. SDN gives out more realistic advice but the culture here is far less welcoming imo.
Because people ask the same questions without using the search function. I was the same way when first joining.

AnatomyGrey12

2+ Year Member
Sep 8, 2015
Midwest
Status
Medical Student
I get paid from an unnamed foreign government to promote instability within the United States thru any means available. My work through creating an incredibly obtuse, convoluted, complicated and highly fragmented medical school application system leaving applicants frustrated
In turn that frustration festers and turns even the best and brightest among us into two faced villians, only this time instead of trying to kill Batman it boils over in a whirlwind of prostitutes, hardcore drugs and partying. Bringing down America one medical school dean at a time. :banana: