Are the old AAMC tests good predictors?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ekb1701

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I take the MCAT this Friday, May 23. I've taken several PR and a Kaplan test, but also 2 of the old MCATs on the AAMC website.

I made a 32 on Practice Test 3 (free one) and a 33 on Practice Test 10.

Are these two tests good predictors for others that took them? Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

I take the MCAT this Friday, May 23. I've taken several PR and a Kaplan test, but also 2 of the old MCATs on the AAMC website.

I made a 32 on Practice Test 3 (free one) and a 33 on Practice Test 10.

Are these two tests good predictors for others that took them? Thanks.

apparently the older the test (test 3 being the oldest) the less predictive value it has in terms of similarity to the real exam. ive heard numerous times the ones to take are 10-7....these will give you a range of scores you will likely fall into for the real deal and are most similar in difficulty to the real thing.

Personally I think the following order reflects how similar it is to the real thing:

AAMC 9>8>10>7>6>5>4>3 (this doesn't correlate to how predictive or difficult it is, just similar)

But at this point you should not worry about this right now, just practice what you already know and apply it on friday. Nothing more you could do at this point.

They're likely good predictors. Everybody talks about how "easy 3,4,5" are, but their scores sure don't reflect that. Generally people do about as well on those as any other practice MCAT from what I've seen.