You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Are there any Indians in Pod school
Started by cool_vkb
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Barry's easily the most culturally diverse pod school. I think I read that their undergrad or overall campus is the most diverse in the US also (many Carribean, European, hispanic, etc etc etc students). In my class of 2009, there are 3 or 4 Indian students out of a class of roughly 45 and we have a couple Indian professors as well as a resident who teaches our labs. I also notice many Indian and Persian students in the nearby physician assistant and Biomedical Sciences M.S. programs as well.Just curious, are there any asian indians in Pod schools. Are they like in good numbers as one can find in Med Schools or Pharmacy Schools or there are very few.
It seems Indian (much like Jewish or Asian) is a population that is represented much more highly as a percentage of professional students than the percent of the general population they account for. It seems to me that it's largely due to family pressure and support to strive for success; it's always great to value education.
Another pod school I interviewed at joked that they consider their one or two Canadian students as their "international students" lol. Diversity or lack thereof doesn't really affect my decision or opinion of a school, but if you value it and want to have something in common with classmates, certainly ask for statistics or try peeking into pod classrooms while visiting.
Barry's easily the most culturally diverse pod school. I think I read that their undergrad or overall campus is the most diverse in the US also (many Carribean, European, hispanic, etc etc etc students). In my class of 2009, there are 3 or 4 Indian students out of a class of roughly 45 and we have a couple Indian professors as well as a resident who teaches our labs. I also notice many Indian and Persian students in the nearby physician assistant and Biomedical Sciences M.S. programs as well.
It seems Indian (much like Jewish or Asian) is a population that is represented much more highly as a percentage of professional students than the percent of the general population they account for. It seems to me that it's largely due to family pressure and support to strive for success; it's always great to value education.
Another pod school I interviewed at joked that they consider their one or two Canadian students as their "international students" lol. Diversity or lack thereof doesn't really affect my decision or opinion of a school, but if you value it and want to have something in common with classmates, certainly ask for statistics or try peeking into pod classrooms while visiting.
Thanks for the info man. Yep, Majority of indian kids are pretty much controlled by their parents. So its like right from small age, they are made to believe they are fit for either Engineering or Health care. Any other thing is a waste of time. And if you dont obey their wishes then they threaten to kick you out. Now tats something a traditional indian wud never do. I have cousins who are 30yrs of age and still happily staying in with their parents

Ofcourse its not like everyone bcomes engineers or Docs. there are always exceptions.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Indian here👍
Indian here👍
oh tats cool! where r u applying.
CSPM this fall 🙂
there are like 15 south asian kids out of our 85-or-so class at TUSPM.... a VERY good number if you ask me 😀
the problem is that most people don't think podiatry has its own school... so that's why our numbers are low... but as you can see they are surely increasing!!! 👍
the problem is that most people don't think podiatry has its own school... so that's why our numbers are low... but as you can see they are surely increasing!!! 👍
there are like 15 south asian kids out of our 85-or-so class at TUSPM.... a VERY good number if you ask me 😀
the problem is that most people don't think podiatry has its own school... so that's why our numbers are low... but as you can see they are surely increasing!!! 👍
Ooooo 15 kids tats cool. trust me these 15 will bring another 30 in few years.
. Tats how the way it works, One iSouth asian goes in and make space for the rest and wallah! in a few years whole place is having good numbers👍 .If all goes well and i start Scholl, iam pretty sure coming next year iam gonna bring in 4 more "Yess BOSS! people" with me. lol!
Do you mean people from India Indians or is this the "politically incorrect" native american indians?
Do you mean people from India Indians or is this the "politically incorrect" native american indians?
No no! i mean Asian Indians.
I graduated from CCPM (now CSPM) in 1999 and I'm an Indian. There were two of us in my class. There were more Indians in the classes following my year and I expect this trend to continue, especially as Indians become more aware of podiatry. I practice podiatry in Phoenix, AZ and there are three other podiatrists who are practicing Indians.👍
I graduated from CCPM (now CSPM) in 1999 and I'm an Indian. There were two of us in my class. There were more Indians in the classes following my year and I expect this trend to continue, especially as Indians become more aware of podiatry. I practice podiatry in Phoenix, AZ and there are three other podiatrists who are practicing Indians.👍
Jai Hind!👍
Similar threads
- Replies
- 38
- Views
- 7K