China and Eastern Asia Are there any US residents going to UST here? Question regarding financial aid

Started by SonicYan
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SonicYan

New Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Oh hay guys... 😀

Southern California resident here. I got accepted into UST as well. Already paid the reservation fee, but I'm running late for my physicals/labs since I am still currently in the US. My friends told me it was ok for me to be late for my physicals/labs as long as I do it before the 25th of May. I'm having problems with my financial aid application which is the reason for my delay in going to the Philippines. I'm using the Federal Stafford Loan for US residents. It seems that UST doesn't have that many foreign students who go through this route, which is why UST seems to be having problems with my application. UST is basically saying they don't want to deal with all the paperwork that deals with financial aid, although they are one of the few schools qualified for loans under US Dept of Education. 😡

Does anyone here know of anybody that is doing the same, or anyone here that went to UST that applied for financial aid? Would be great to hear from you guys. 🙂
 
How fid you figure out your finances? Just want to know if it is feasible (get a loan) and if it is I will definitely include UST on my list of med schools to check out. Please let me know, it will help me tremendously. Hope you see this though.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.