• Please review the updated member agreement. Included is a new statement supporting the scientific method and evidence-based medicine. Claims or statements about disease processes should reference widely accepted scientific resources. Theoretical medical speculation is encouraged as part of the overall scientific process. However, unscientific statements that promote unfounded ideological positions or agendas may be removed.

ajmanly

Art-John Manly, BSN, RN
May 5, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
Hello Everyone,

I am a 23-year-old (dual American/ Filipino citizen) graduating with my Bachelor of Science in Nursing. I want to pursue medicine in Manila, specifically at UST.

My grades are decent, almost all straight A's in my nursing core (2 B's), I am in good moral character, and have a passion for the medical field.

I have visited UST before when I used to go to school in the Philippines, but this was prior to starting my undergrad and recently inquired again, which they said that all their requirements were online on a recent trip to the Philippines.

Is there any advice anyone can give me? In regards to application process, proper documents I need, my chances of acceptance, if UST is a good school for me?

Anything helps, just looking for some insight, thank you all.

Jul 26, 2019
Status
Medical Student
Hi! UST is one of the greatest medical schools in the country. They perform consistently well during the board exams here, though I have no information on the USMLE performance of their students (I'm assuming you'd be interested to also take USMLE). I hope this helps

Reactions: ajmanly
Jul 26, 2019
Status
Medical Student
Re: the application process, it's kinda tough to go to UST compared to other PH schools. Your grades are fine, but they consider other factors (to a minor extent) like if you're a Catholic,if you have family members who are alumni there, and if you do some community work.

Reactions: ajmanly
About the Ads