US Grad RN thinking of applying to UST Faculty of Medicine and Surgery (2020)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ajmanly

Art-John Manly, BSN, RN
Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

I am a 23-year-old (dual American/ Filipino citizen) graduating with my Bachelor of Science in Nursing. I want to pursue medicine in Manila, specifically at UST.

My grades are decent, almost all straight A's in my nursing core (2 B's), I am in good moral character, and have a passion for the medical field.

I have visited UST before when I used to go to school in the Philippines, but this was prior to starting my undergrad and recently inquired again, which they said that all their requirements were online on a recent trip to the Philippines.

Is there any advice anyone can give me? In regards to application process, proper documents I need, my chances of acceptance, if UST is a good school for me?

Anything helps, just looking for some insight, thank you all.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi! UST is one of the greatest medical schools in the country. They perform consistently well during the board exams here, though I have no information on the USMLE performance of their students (I'm assuming you'd be interested to also take USMLE). I hope this helps

Reactions: 1 user
Re: the application process, it's kinda tough to go to UST compared to other PH schools. Your grades are fine, but they consider other factors (to a minor extent) like if you're a Catholic,if you have family members who are alumni there, and if you do some community work.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
you may likely need a great score for NMAT if they still require it and all requirements be available and complete including immunization.

Its a Catholic school and the one who will interview you will be PRO LIFE, no to abortion etc;
which is different here in US.

The exam is most of the week;
and REVALIDA is needed when your 4th year.
I suppose you know how to speak at least a little Tagalog and understand some Tagalog.

I graduated there years ago and currently working here in States as Hospitalist.

Have you applied already?

you may likely need a great score for NMAT if they still require it and all requirements be available and complete including immunization.

Its a Catholic school and the one who will interview you will be PRO LIFE, no to abortion etc;
which is different here in US.

The exam is most of the week;
and REVALIDA is needed when your 4th year.
I suppose you know how to speak at least a little Tagalog and understand some Tagalog.

I graduated there years ago and currently working here in States as Hospitalist.

Have you applied already?
Hello, may I ask about the process you went through to be able to become a hospitalist in the US? Such as when you took the USMLE and if you did your clerkships abroad or had shadowing experience and such.