Are these ECs useful?

Started by Govols13
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Up until a couple months ago, I was pre-physical therapy, but I have now recently decided on medical school, so I am pretty low in ECs.

I volunteered at outpatient PT for 3 months, became a PT tech for the next 7 months.

I am also currently a pharmacy tech (work around 6 hours a week).



That's pretty much it so far, I should be starting volunteer work in the ER of a local hospital within the next 2 weeks (don't know exactly what I'll be doing though)

I'm also in the beginning stages of helping a biomechanics masters student with her research as an assistant.

Waiting on MD's/DO's for calls/emails back about shadowing.

I have a newborn daughter, and work on the weekends (job not related to anything medicine) to help pay the bills. Finding time for ECs is getting a little tougher, so I want to pursue ones that will actually help me.


I'm also a junior, graduating May 2013, but not starting med school (if I get in) until the Fall of 2014, so I still have some time left

Fill five boxes (in order of importance): Clinical Experience, Volunteering, Research, Leadership, Hobby.

It's kinda like Calvinism: Those who would make good doctors already like doing all of them.
 
everything sounds good, just need to have the time with the doctors if anything. i'm curious about your pharmacy tech job though. are you inpatient or outpatient, or do you even have patient interaction at all? it could 'sell' more if it had to do more with patients.

also random aside, where are you working for only 6 hours a week! dang the lowest i could muster was 16 lol