Are you all learning all of the extra info in the UWSAs?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sharklasers

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
For example, that antibodies against type vii collagen in the dermoepidermal junction can cause epidermolysis bullosa acquisita?

Just wondering because everyone always says tot learn everything in UWorld, and I figure these are just an extention of that, but there are so many new pathologies in the UWSAs

Members don't see this ad.

For example, that antibodies against type vii collagen in the dermoepidermal junction can cause epidermolysis bullosa acquisita?

Just wondering because everyone always says tot learn everything in UWorld, and I figure these are just an extention of that, but there are so many new pathologies in the UWSAs

yeah, I went through UWSA 1 and 2 just like normal UW worlds and annoted all that stuff in my FA.

If it will all stick... that's another story.

When I went through the UWSAs, i didn't do as thorough of a job as I normally do with the regular UWorld questions. I felt like there were a lot more tiny details about obscure pathologies that I didn't care about, because there are more important ones that I'm still not getting. Plus, I thought that several questions on the SAs had pretty worthless explanations, especially compared to how great the explanations are on the regular UWorld questions. But that's just my take, it might actually be helpful to learn every detail for a few questions on the real thing, but I'm okay with not getting those b/c I just don't think its worthwhile at this point.